The PAL NTSC Power Supply Swap/Trade Thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Syntax

The PAL NTSC Power Supply Swap/Trade Thread

Post by Syntax »

All over the globe people are importing out of region consoles and having to buy and swap out the power supplies to match their regions voltage.

I'm sure many of us have supplies sitting in draws that we cant use.

So I bring you all the PAL NTSC power supply swap/trade thread.

List the PSU you have to swap/trade and what you need in return, contact each other via PM, edit or delete your post once your done.

Happy swapping!!
KPackratt2k

Re: The PAL NTSC Power Supply Swap/Trade Thread

Post by KPackratt2k »

I have a Japanese N64 power supply that I'd like to swap for a North American one. I bought it on eBay in hopes that it would be the North American PSU as advertised in the listing, but what I got sent was a Japanese PSU, so if anyone has any spare NA PSUs that you'd like to swap with mine, PM me.
NewSchoolBoxer

Re: The PAL NTSC Power Supply Swap/Trade Thread

Post by NewSchoolBoxer »

Syntax wrote:All over the globe people are importing out of region consoles and having to buy and swap out the power supplies to match their regions voltage.

I'm sure many of us have supplies sitting in draws that we cant use.

So I bring you all the PAL NTSC power supply swap/trade thread.

List the PSU you have to swap/trade and what you need in return, contact each other via PM, edit or delete your post once your done.
More specifically, North Americans importing Japanese consoles at half the price and Europeans importing NA or Japan NTSC. 8)

I am glad you know not to use 100V supply on 120V US since it will fit in US outlet but the transformer converts to 20% more voltage and 20% less current and that is bad for the PSU. I could see someone say is okay for (light) switching PSU but not (heavy) linear. I bought a 500W step up + step down transformer for $35. Could use a $20, 100W one for GameCube and earlier consoles.

Changing 50 Hz to 60 Hz or reverse is separate process and you don't want to know how convoluted and expensive that is.

I didn't realize the adapter sizes could be different. NA SNES with a barrel size no one else in the world uses, what a racket. At least NA and Japan PS2 thin power supplies fit each other and are 100-240V, 50/60Hz universal. *Internet says PAL PS2 is also universal, just need power outlet converter.