Post by Hoagtech »

Double post.
Copyright 1987
XSync-1

Re: OSSC Pro

Post by XSync-1 »

Hoagtech wrote:@x-sync

Who knows you could be right..

As soon as I heard “Government export subsidies” while I was looking forward to specs on the OSSC pro, you ended up boring the fuck out of me.

Take your shit outside to: “off topic discussions” so we can have more opinions about the device itself.

Maybe send Marqs a PM instead of subjecting people interested in this project.

And like others have said. You can go for a huge demographic instead of attacking a retro hobby project before its fruition.

Good luck with your quest elsewhere freedom fighter...
Nobody's attacking any project. We all want the device to come out. We care where it comes from and who's making it. We don't want to contribute to genocide and slavery. This is the OSSC Pro forum, there's no where better to talk about this.

If I'm selling you meat from animals that were grass fed free range and happy in their lives, would you rather buy that, or would you prefer meat from animals that were tortured, kept in dark cramped rooms with shit all over the floor, and fed the worst type of animal feed?

The functionality of the device is not the one thing that matters about it. Where it comes from and how it was produced matters too, and that may impact the quality as well.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

XSync-1 wrote:Lol, When did I say imperial Japan was in the 1970s?
Here, bolded the key parts to make it easier for you:
XSync-1 wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:All of the PCB assembly services I've used through work (and we get boards made multiple times a year) send boards to China for any hand work. Many of the components are made in China. It's practically impossible to avoid China in the electronics industry at this point.

This is actually just like the demonization of Japan and anything Japanese in the 1970s. And it has happened countless times before, whenever the political and economic interests of the West/self feel threatened by an "oriental" other.
Everyone knows about the Uighur concentration camps in xinjiang (Turkestan). Quit trying to play the race card, and you're making 100% false comparisons with WWII imperial Japan and modern day communist china. If a threat to western economic interests is enough motivation for people to quit dealing with the repressive and genocidal Covidinese government, then that's just fine with me. I'll pay Marqs extra any day of the week for "Made in " almost any country other than china. He could use Taiwan like Micomsoft did. I'm sure others on here would pay a little more for that as well. I'm not alone.
There. Putting that aside as it hardly matters now, just take a moment to look at what you're doing here. You came into the topic of a beloved open source hobby project with a virtuous suggestion that, giving the benefit of the doubt, can be based on a good intention, but presented terribly with zero EQ. And yet marqs quickly, directly, cordially, and in full earnest gave you an answer. And yet you still keep coming back to stir up the topic just because apparently marqs' answer was not good enough for you...

You think you can see a lot of what is wrong out there with the world and want to change it, but can you see what's wrong within yourself?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Can you people shut the fuck up and talk about the OSSC Pro?
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:Can you people shut the fuck up and talk about the OSSC Pro?
Sorry, guess I'm not helping either by replying to him. At this point it has to be trolling and it will continue, and with lack of mods here the best thing to do is just ignore his posts from now on.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

fernan1234 wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:Lol, When did I say imperial Japan was in the 1970s?
Here, bolded the key parts to make it easier for you:
XSync-1 wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:All of the PCB assembly services I've used through work (and we get boards made multiple times a year) send boards to China for any hand work. Many of the components are made in China. It's practically impossible to avoid China in the electronics industry at this point.

This is actually just like the demonization of Japan and anything Japanese in the 1970s. And it has happened countless times before, whenever the political and economic interests of the West/self feel threatened by an "oriental" other.
Everyone knows about the Uighur concentration camps in xinjiang (Turkestan). Quit trying to play the race card, and you're making 100% false comparisons with WWII imperial Japan and modern day communist china. If a threat to western economic interests is enough motivation for people to quit dealing with the repressive and genocidal Covidinese government, then that's just fine with me. I'll pay Marqs extra any day of the week for "Made in " almost any country other than china. He could use Taiwan like Micomsoft did. I'm sure others on here would pay a little more for that as well. I'm not alone.
There. Putting that aside as it hardly matters now, just take a moment to look at what you're doing here. You came into the topic of a beloved open source hobby project with a virtuous suggestion that, giving the benefit of the doubt, can be based on a good intention, but presented terribly with zero EQ. And yet marqs quickly, directly, cordially, and in full earnest gave you an answer. And yet you still keep coming back to stir up the topic just because apparently marqs' answer was not good enough for you...

You think you can see a lot of what is wrong out there with the world and want to change it, but can you see what's wrong within yourself?

Lol, are you kidding me? That's your quote, not mine. You're pathetic, dude. Complete trash. "This is actually just like the demonization of Japan and anything Japanese in the 1970s". Those are your words you stupid fuck, not mine! Fucking pathetic.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

This retard fernan just accused me of saying something that he said, he even quoted himself and said that it was me. He's retarded and needs to shut the fuck up, not me.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

fernan1234 wrote:
Sorry, guess I'm not helping either by replying to him. At this point it has to be trolling and it will continue, and with lack of mods here the best thing to do is just ignore his posts from now on.
You're a troll, and a retard to boot. You're the one who said imperial Japan existed during the 70s, then you accused me of saying it, you even quoted yourself saying it and said it was me. You're a fucking loser.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Lol, everyone look how dumb fernan is. He quoted himself and said that it was me who said this stupid shit statement. He's suffering from a mental illness. I even bolded the part in question. This guy is befuddled.
fernan1234 wrote:
All of the PCB assembly services I've used through work (and we get boards made multiple times a year) send boards to China for any hand work. Many of the components are made in China. It's practically impossible to avoid China in the electronics industry at this point.

Kez

Post by Kez »

Man you need to stop.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Protip: when trolling you need to make the other party more invested than you are.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

What do you guys think of the OSSC Pro ffs?? This with HDMI input or RT5x? Discuss.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

I don't think we know anything interesting about anything to compare them except input/output ports.

I don't think anyone should buy either without waiting for reviews. Though this is probably going to be a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

What an excellent response. I don't want to seem like I'm judging Marqs, but when I contacted Videogameperfection to buy an original OSSC, they told me that it was made in china and gave me a bad attitude about wanting one made in a different country. I didn't buy one from them at all. I just get the impression that Videogameperfection doesn't see anything wrong with chinese slave labor and I wanted to say something about it here.
We have no reason to believe the OSSC or the Pro are being made in factories associated with slave labour. I mean okay I don't have the means to go over and inspect it myself.

We are exploring both EU and China manufacturing options for the Pro. We would have looked at US manufacturing too but at the time the US wasn't looking too stable either.

I don't recall "giving you a bad attitude" but I can't just magically spin up a production company here in the EU for a handful of people willing to spend many times more on a unit. Plus, as our investigations have shown this far, companies in the EU may just be outsourcing part or all the production to China anyway.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
dandiego

Post by dandiego »

Does this forum have mods? Because this thread sure could use one.
Bahn Yuki

Post by Bahn Yuki »

BuckoA51 wrote:
What an excellent response. I don't want to seem like I'm judging Marqs, but when I contacted Videogameperfection to buy an original OSSC, they told me that it was made in china and gave me a bad attitude about wanting one made in a different country. I didn't buy one from them at all. I just get the impression that Videogameperfection doesn't see anything wrong with chinese slave labor and I wanted to say something about it here.
We have no reason to believe the OSSC or the Pro are being made in factories associated with slave labour. I mean okay I don't have the means to go over and inspect it myself.

We are exploring both EU and China manufacturing options for the Pro. We would have looked at US manufacturing too but at the time the US wasn't looking too stable either.

I don't recall "giving you a bad attitude" but I can't just magically spin up a production company here in the EU for a handful of people willing to spend many times more on a unit. Plus, as our investigations have shown this far, companies in the EU may just be outsourcing part or all the production to China anyway.
Thank you bucko. Hopefully this nonsense can stop and we can discuss what's really important here: 1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.

As for X-Sync while I do agree with some of your points and I myself would rather have the OSSC Pro made in another location, marqs already addressed this earlier and you still keep yammering about it.
Make another topic if you feel that's going to make a difference, but insulting others who come to hardware forum to discuss the capabilities of an unreleased product doesn't help the situation.

A bad attitude will get you nowhere no matter how altruistic you feel. I hope you find the answers you seek elsewhere, as you seem to ignore the ones given in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Displays I currently own:
LG 83C1(OLED),LG 77C2(OLED), LG 42C2(OLED),TCL 75R635(MiniLED),Apple Studio Monitor 21(PCCRT),SONY 34XBR960x2(HDCRT)
SONY 32XBR250,Samsung UBJ590(LED),Panasonic P50VT20(Plasma),JVC NZ8
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

ldeveraux wrote:What do you guys think of the OSSC Pro ffs?? This with HDMI input or RT5x? Discuss.
Unless a GCVideo alternative with full upscaling features *that is still external and cheap* comes out, I'd rather upgrade my scaler than pay for an expensive internal mod. So HDMI is a must for me.

There's also the PixelFX scaler coming soon too! It will be a crowded market and hard to decide before reviews are out on all 3.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

bobrocks95 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:What do you guys think of the OSSC Pro ffs?? This with HDMI input or RT5x? Discuss.
Unless a GCVideo alternative with full upscaling features *that is still external and cheap* comes out, I'd rather upgrade my scaler than pay for an expensive internal mod. So HDMI is a must for me.

There's also the PixelFX scaler coming soon too! It will be a crowded market and hard to decide before reviews are out on all 3.
Shouldn't we know the pluses and minuses of each device before we listen to reviews? Unless you meant reviews from Shmups?
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Bahn Yuki wrote:
BuckoA51 wrote:

Thank you bucko. Hopefully this nonsense can stop and we can discuss what's really important here: 1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.

As for X-Sync while I do agree with some of your points and I myself would rather have the OSSC Pro made in another location, marqs already addressed this earlier and you still keep yammering about it.
Make another topic if you feel that's going to make a difference, but insulting others who come to hardware forum to discuss the capabilities of an unreleased product doesn't help the situation.

A bad attitude will get you nowhere no matter how altruistic you feel. I hope you find the answers you seek elsewhere, as you seem to ignore the ones given in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

BuckoA51 wrote:

china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

XSync-1 wrote:Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.
Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty

For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:

Shouldn't we know the pluses and minuses of each device before we listen to reviews? Unless you meant reviews from Shmups?
The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

Not sure the scalers will be released close enough in time for a lot of people to want to even compare them at launch; people waiting for a scaler will buy the first one that's good enough.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

XSync-1 wrote:china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?
Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.
Last edited by ldeveraux on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

ZellSF wrote:The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

Not sure the scalers will be released close enough in time for a lot of people to want to even compare them at launch; people waiting for a scaler will buy the first one that's good enough.
I think I misspoke, I meant 3rd party reviews, external to Shmups. Would there even be any with a market so niche? I'd trust people's opinions on here over whatever random retro gaming site pops up the first Youtube review.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Bahn Yuki wrote:1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.
So, I'm not familiar with the particular tweets being referred to, but Mike has said here that the lack of interlacing support is an architectural limit that he might try to address in the future:
mikechi2 wrote:Sorry, no 480p -> 480i. This is something in the back of my mind, but the architecture of the scaler isn't setup to produce interlaced sync yet haha. I would love to have this for watching movies, although I think (?) you can get commerical HDMI -> component dongles that can do this (?)
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

ldeveraux wrote:
ZellSF wrote:The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

I think I misspoke, I meant 3rd party reviews, external to Shmups. Would there even be any with a market so niche? I'd trust people's opinions on here over whatever random retro gaming site pops up the first Youtube review.
I meant detailed reviews as opposed to forum posts.

Sure the people who review it are likely to have an account here, and the ones I can think of certainly do (Fudoh / RetroRGB).

My Life in Gaming might also do it, though personally I wouldn't recommend listening to them.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

ross wrote:Not really sure how common a request this is, think I might have seen it mentioned once here earlier, but in case I'm misremembering something, has some kind of adjustable gamma boost functionality been considered as a potential feature here? Would be useful not just for scanlines on modern displays, but for compensating for loss of shadow detail when setting a lower black level on CRTs. The RTC2200 YPbPr to RGBHV converter had this built in, but it's pretty rare and hard to find these days. Seen some using the GammaX which is purely designed for making low end gamma adjustments, but having it as a feature here as an all in one solution would be pretty neat.
The pre-ADC Gain options already on the OSSC are good for brightening up a scanlined image, right? The rest you're talking about adjusting specific parts of the gamma curve?
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

XtraSmiley wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.
Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty

For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!
F off
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ldeveraux wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?
Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.
You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.