shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 728
bobrocks95 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
What do you guys think of the OSSC Pro ffs?? This with HDMI input or RT5x? Discuss.


Unless a GCVideo alternative with full upscaling features *that is still external and cheap* comes out, I'd rather upgrade my scaler than pay for an expensive internal mod. So HDMI is a must for me.

There's also the PixelFX scaler coming soon too! It will be a crowded market and hard to decide before reviews are out on all 3.


Shouldn't we know the pluses and minuses of each device before we listen to reviews? Unless you meant reviews from Shmups?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
Bahn Yuki wrote:
BuckoA51 wrote:
Quote:
What an excellent response. I don't want to seem like I'm judging Marqs, but when I contacted Videogameperfection to buy an original OSSC, they told me that it was made in china and gave me a bad attitude about wanting one made in a different country. I didn't buy one from them at all. I just get the impression that Videogameperfection doesn't see anything wrong with chinese slave labor and I wanted to say something about it here.


We have no reason to believe the OSSC or the Pro are being made in factories associated with slave labour. I mean okay I don't have the means to go over and inspect it myself.

We are exploring both EU and China manufacturing options for the Pro. We would have looked at US manufacturing too but at the time the US wasn't looking too stable either.

I don't recall "giving you a bad attitude" but I can't just magically spin up a production company here in the EU for a handful of people willing to spend many times more on a unit. Plus, as our investigations have shown this far, companies in the EU may just be outsourcing part or all the production to China anyway.
Thank you bucko. Hopefully this nonsense can stop and we can discuss what's really important here: 1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.

As for X-Sync while I do agree with some of your points and I myself would rather have the OSSC Pro made in another location, marqs already addressed this earlier and you still keep yammering about it.
Make another topic if you feel that's going to make a difference, but insulting others who come to hardware forum to discuss the capabilities of an unreleased product doesn't help the situation.

A bad attitude will get you nowhere no matter how altruistic you feel. I hope you find the answers you seek elsewhere, as you seem to ignore the ones given in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
BuckoA51 wrote:
Quote:
What an excellent response. I don't want to seem like I'm judging Marqs, but when I contacted Videogameperfection to buy an original OSSC, they told me that it was made in china and gave me a bad attitude about wanting one made in a different country. I didn't buy one from them at all. I just get the impression that Videogameperfection doesn't see anything wrong with chinese slave labor and I wanted to say something about it here.


We have no reason to believe the OSSC or the Pro are being made in factories associated with slave labour. I mean okay I don't have the means to go over and inspect it myself.

We are exploring both EU and China manufacturing options for the Pro. We would have looked at US manufacturing too but at the time the US wasn't looking too stable either.

I don't recall "giving you a bad attitude" but I can't just magically spin up a production company here in the EU for a handful of people willing to spend many times more on a unit. Plus, as our investigations have shown this far, companies in the EU may just be outsourcing part or all the production to China anyway.


china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm 



Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 296
Location: St Louis, IL, USA
XSync-1 wrote:
Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.


Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty


For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 pm 



Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 2459
ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
What do you guys think of the OSSC Pro ffs?? This with HDMI input or RT5x? Discuss.


Unless a GCVideo alternative with full upscaling features *that is still external and cheap* comes out, I'd rather upgrade my scaler than pay for an expensive internal mod. So HDMI is a must for me.

There's also the PixelFX scaler coming soon too! It will be a crowded market and hard to decide before reviews are out on all 3.


Shouldn't we know the pluses and minuses of each device before we listen to reviews? Unless you meant reviews from Shmups?

The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

Not sure the scalers will be released close enough in time for a lot of people to want to even compare them at launch; people waiting for a scaler will buy the first one that's good enough.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 728
XSync-1 wrote:
china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?


Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.


Last edited by ldeveraux on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 728
ZellSF wrote:
The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

Not sure the scalers will be released close enough in time for a lot of people to want to even compare them at launch; people waiting for a scaler will buy the first one that's good enough.


I think I misspoke, I meant 3rd party reviews, external to Shmups. Would there even be any with a market so niche? I'd trust people's opinions on here over whatever random retro gaming site pops up the first Youtube review.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 2569
Location: Montréal, Canada
Bahn Yuki wrote:
1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.


So, I'm not familiar with the particular tweets being referred to, but Mike has said here that the lack of interlacing support is an architectural limit that he might try to address in the future:

mikechi2 wrote:
Sorry, no 480p -> 480i. This is something in the back of my mind, but the architecture of the scaler isn't setup to produce interlaced sync yet haha. I would love to have this for watching movies, although I think (?) you can get commerical HDMI -> component dongles that can do this (?)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:37 pm 



Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 2459
ldeveraux wrote:
ZellSF wrote:
The pluses and minuses of each device surely will be made clear in reviews? I think third parties will be more interested in comparing scalers than the developers of the scalers.

Not sure the scalers will be released close enough in time for a lot of people to want to even compare them at launch; people waiting for a scaler will buy the first one that's good enough.


I think I misspoke, I meant 3rd party reviews, external to Shmups. Would there even be any with a market so niche? I'd trust people's opinions on here over whatever random retro gaming site pops up the first Youtube review.

I meant detailed reviews as opposed to forum posts.

Sure the people who review it are likely to have an account here, and the ones I can think of certainly do (Fudoh / RetroRGB).

My Life in Gaming might also do it, though personally I wouldn't recommend listening to them.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:44 pm 



Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 248
Not really sure how common a request this is, think I might have seen it mentioned once here earlier, but in case I'm misremembering something, has some kind of adjustable gamma boost functionality been considered as a potential feature here? Would be useful not just for scanlines on modern displays, but for compensating for loss of shadow detail when setting a lower black level on CRTs. The RTC2200 YPbPr to RGBHV converter had this built in, but it's pretty rare and hard to find these days. Seen some using the GammaX which is purely designed for making low end gamma adjustments, but having it as a feature here as an all in one solution would be pretty neat.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 2552
Location: Kentucky
ross wrote:
Not really sure how common a request this is, think I might have seen it mentioned once here earlier, but in case I'm misremembering something, has some kind of adjustable gamma boost functionality been considered as a potential feature here? Would be useful not just for scanlines on modern displays, but for compensating for loss of shadow detail when setting a lower black level on CRTs. The RTC2200 YPbPr to RGBHV converter had this built in, but it's pretty rare and hard to find these days. Seen some using the GammaX which is purely designed for making low end gamma adjustments, but having it as a feature here as an all in one solution would be pretty neat.


The pre-ADC Gain options already on the OSSC are good for brightening up a scanlined image, right? The rest you're talking about adjusting specific parts of the gamma curve?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
XtraSmiley wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.


Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty


For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!

F off


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:40 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
ldeveraux wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?


Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.


You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 718
Location: Massachusetts, USA
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.
_________________
For CRTs, A/V gear, video games & more, be sure to check out my eBay!

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:56 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 2569
Location: Montréal, Canada
XSync-1 wrote:
You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.


If you don't want to buy it, that's your perogative, and you've made your position clear. Please stop spamming the thread so that the rest of us can discuss the product at hand. You're not going to change anybody's mind, and you're not going to change how the product is manufactured, so at this point you're just screaming into the wind and annoying the rest of us.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:59 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
kitty666cats wrote:
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.

The covidinese government is committing genocide and enslaving millions of people right now as we speak. Instead of feeling bad for the real victims, you're buying into popular opinion about oppression that isn't even taking place against people who refuse to speak out against what's happening over there. You want to see hate, you should see the millions of people shoved into concentration camps and being forced into slavery, being forced to marry members of the CCP, and being forced to denounce their religion. That's hate.


Last edited by XSync-1 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
Guspaz wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.


If you don't want to buy it, that's your perogative, and you've made your position clear. Please stop spamming the thread so that the rest of us can discuss the product at hand. You're not going to change anybody's mind, and you're not going to change how the product is manufactured, so at this point you're just screaming into the wind and annoying the rest of us.

No. If you want to respond to my comments, then I will respond back. I'm not going to let you say things about me without responding to them.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:05 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
kitty666cats wrote:
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.

Yeah, they are scumbags. They know what's happening and it doesn't bother them in the slightest. In fact, they attack people just for bringing it up and suggesting that the product be made in a country not ruled by a genocidal communist regime.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:22 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 1509
XSync-1 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?


Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.


You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.

literally no one cares shut the fuck up


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:23 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 1509
kitty666cats wrote:
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.

brainlet take


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:40 am 



Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 1403
Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:

Spoiler: show
Code:
! Clean the shmups hardware forum OSSC Pro topic
shmups.system11.org##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)

##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)


If using uBlock Origin, go to its options, My filters tab, add the lines and click Apply Changes. Refresh this topic.

If using AdBlock, go to its options, Customize, click Edit next to "manually edit your filters", add the lines above, refresh.

Works great! Results will be like this:

Spoiler: show
Image


Last edited by fernan1234 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:46 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 2569
Location: Montréal, Canada
fernan1234 wrote:
Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:


Thanks, it works well, filters the thread back on-topic.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:33 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 718
Location: Massachusetts, USA
maxtherabbit wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.

brainlet take


lolwut

So you’re cool with people saying “Covidnese”? I’m not offering a ‘take’ here, it’s called common decency
_________________
For CRTs, A/V gear, video games & more, be sure to check out my eBay!

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 3233
Location: Ireland
Quote:
My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy


You've personally audited all of Micomsoft's supply chains have you?

Anyway, of course I am happy to talk about where the OSSC Pro is made, but not if it's used as a thinly veiled excuse for racism. Our current quotes put EU manufacturing at about 3x that of China (avoiding China completely for manufacturing). Of course, when economies of scale kick in we might be able to get that down, but it seems to me dealing with China will take more than manufacturers big or small taking a stand, it needs a coordinated effort by world governments to formulate a response and actually help fund viable alternatives.
_________________
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:49 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 728
fernan1234 wrote:
Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:

Code:
! Clean the shmups hardware forum OSSC Pro topic
shmups.system11.org##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)

##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)


If using uBlock Origin, go to its options, My filters tab, add the lines and click Apply Changes. Refresh this topic.

If using AdBlock, go to its options, Customize, click Edit next to "manually edit your filters", add the lines above, refresh.

Works great! Results will be like this:

Spoiler: show
Image


Great, except this also filters this very comment! Is there a way to filter only if the PITA is the message author?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:00 pm 



Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 296
Location: St Louis, IL, USA
XSync-1 wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.


Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty


For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!

F off


LOL. Oh oh, did I get under your skin? Once again, I tell you, here is a new place where people care what YOU think.

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2020
Posts: 138
BuckoA51 wrote:
Quote:
My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy


You've personally audited all of Micomsoft's supply chains have you?

Anyway, of course I am happy to talk about where the OSSC Pro is made, but not if it's used as a thinly veiled excuse for racism. Our current quotes put EU manufacturing at about 3x that of China (avoiding China completely for manufacturing). Of course, when economies of scale kick in we might be able to get that down, but it seems to me dealing with China will take more than manufacturers big or small taking a stand, it needs a coordinated effort by world governments to formulate a response and actually help fund viable alternatives.

The days when people like yourself can play the race card on behalf of a genocidal communist regime are coming to an end, people can see who the real racists are. Whatever else you’re talking about, I don’t care, until video game perfection decides not to manufacture these devices in that country in particular, I’m not going to buy one, and anyone else with a Framemeister shouldn’t buy one either. We shouldn’t be funding genocide and slavery, when our Japanese device made in Taiwan is good enough.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:34 pm 



Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 1403
ldeveraux wrote:
Great, except this also filters this very comment! Is there a way to filter only if the PITA is the message author?


The post gets filtered because it contains the keyword, and same with a post with a quote that includes it. But at that point you already have the filter working so it doesn't matter :lol: . Maybe someone can find a better filter setting, but it works well already and the more people use it the sooner this topic can move on.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:37 pm 



Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 248
bobrocks95 wrote:
The pre-ADC Gain options already on the OSSC are good for brightening up a scanlined image, right?

Not sure honestly, I personally don't really have much of a need for boosting gamma with scanline filters, if there's already functionality supporting that on the standard OSSC then there may not be much of a need for this outside of my own use case, which would be to lower (brighten) gamma from 0 to ~10 IRE (maybe 0 to 30, though the effect above 6-7 IRE is more just some darkening than crushing of detail), basically what this thing does on its own. Allows me to set a good black level on my CRTs without crushing the bottom 5-10% of the video range on 0 IRE inputs (so, most old consoles and anything connected over RGB/YPbPr). Also heard of issues with that device with 15 kHz inputs from kitty, one of the few sane posters in this thread at the moment.

Have a new old stock PC CRT on the way which kind of prompted this, will be interesting to see how its native gamma curve compares to my other CRTs which have years of use in them if that could possibly have an effect. I suspect it won't be much different.

It's not a big thing, just thought it'd be something maybe worth mentioning if it would have some value for others.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OSSC Pro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:09 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 2552
Location: Kentucky
maxtherabbit wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:
“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.

brainlet take


In the US, plenty of anti-Chinese sentiment has popped up lately in the form of targeting Asian Americans in one way or another... Shootings, beatings, businesses going under because people thought (American) Chinese food would somehow automatically have covid in it... Hate the Chinese government/country all you want but no need to contribute to race-baiting vocab against people that have nothing to do with it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigbadboaz, eightbitminiboss, Odolwa, Tempest_2084, tongshadow and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group