OSSC Pro

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Guspaz

Re: OSSC Pro

Post by Guspaz »

XSync-1 wrote:You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.
If you don't want to buy it, that's your perogative, and you've made your position clear. Please stop spamming the thread so that the rest of us can discuss the product at hand. You're not going to change anybody's mind, and you're not going to change how the product is manufactured, so at this point you're just screaming into the wind and annoying the rest of us.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

kitty666cats wrote:“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.
The covidinese government is committing genocide and enslaving millions of people right now as we speak. Instead of feeling bad for the real victims, you're buying into popular opinion about oppression that isn't even taking place against people who refuse to speak out against what's happening over there. You want to see hate, you should see the millions of people shoved into concentration camps and being forced into slavery, being forced to marry members of the CCP, and being forced to denounce their religion. That's hate.
Last edited by XSync-1 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Guspaz wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.
If you don't want to buy it, that's your perogative, and you've made your position clear. Please stop spamming the thread so that the rest of us can discuss the product at hand. You're not going to change anybody's mind, and you're not going to change how the product is manufactured, so at this point you're just screaming into the wind and annoying the rest of us.
No. If you want to respond to my comments, then I will respond back. I'm not going to let you say things about me without responding to them.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

kitty666cats wrote:“Covidnese” jfc dude, and then you go and have the audacity to be calling other people scumbags? Do you not have any second thoughts or remorse? People are being beat to shit/killed by thoughtless hatemongers every day, and your use of that word is feeding it.
Yeah, they are scumbags. They know what's happening and it doesn't bother them in the slightest. In fact, they attack people just for bringing it up and suggesting that the product be made in a country not ruled by a genocidal communist regime.
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

XSync-1 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:china uses slave labor to make stuff. There's no excuse not to know this. It's proven and documented. Even if they weren't, their government is making large amounts of money from all of the manufacturing that goes on there, slave labor or not. Why would anyone want to continue funding that government, and taking away jobs from westernerns?
Why would anyone continue entertaining your opinion you mentioned countless times, that has nothing to do with the OSSC? We get it, you don't want to buy anything made in China. Unfortunately for us, there are no mods so we have to hear about it. Fortunately for us, everything we buy will be made in China, so your opinion is moot.
You guys are scumbags. I'm not going to buy an ossc pro, not if it funds the covidinese government. My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy. I don't care what you snobs think about it or about it not having "4:4:4", at least it doesn't fund genocide and slavery like your device does. Micomsoft is a way more ethical company than videogameperfection.
literally no one cares shut the fuck up
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

brainlet take
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

! Clean the shmups hardware forum OSSC Pro topic
shmups.system11.org##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)

##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)
If using uBlock Origin, go to its options, My filters tab, add the lines and click Apply Changes. Refresh this topic.

If using AdBlock, go to its options, Customize, click Edit next to "manually edit your filters", add the lines above, refresh.

Works great! Results will be like this:
Spoiler
Last edited by fernan1234 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

fernan1234 wrote:Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:
Thanks, it works well, filters the thread back on-topic.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

maxtherabbit wrote:
brainlet take
lolwut

So you’re cool with people saying “Covidnese”? I’m not offering a ‘take’ here, it’s called common decency
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy
You've personally audited all of Micomsoft's supply chains have you?

Anyway, of course I am happy to talk about where the OSSC Pro is made, but not if it's used as a thinly veiled excuse for racism. Our current quotes put EU manufacturing at about 3x that of China (avoiding China completely for manufacturing). Of course, when economies of scale kick in we might be able to get that down, but it seems to me dealing with China will take more than manufacturers big or small taking a stand, it needs a coordinated effort by world governments to formulate a response and actually help fund viable alternatives.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:Hey guys, in the absence of moderators, save this topic for yourself by copy-pasting the following lines to your custom filters on your adblocker of choice:

Code: Select all

! Clean the shmups hardware forum OSSC Pro topic
shmups.system11.org##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)

##.nobb:has-text(XSync-1)
If using uBlock Origin, go to its options, My filters tab, add the lines and click Apply Changes. Refresh this topic.

If using AdBlock, go to its options, Customize, click Edit next to "manually edit your filters", add the lines above, refresh.

Works great! Results will be like this:
Spoiler
Great, except this also filters this very comment! Is there a way to filter only if the PITA is the message author?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

XSync-1 wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:Thanks. I was being attacked, so I fought back, like anyone else would have done. No, I don't think this discussion should end. I think this device should not be manufactured by chinese slave labor, period. It's contributing to genocide and slavery, no matter how small the contribution is, it's still contributing to it. I want these companies to have a conscience about what they're taking part in, and at least give people like myself the option to buy a device, without having to fund the covidinese government.
Today is your lucky day friend! I am giving you the option to buy a device that meets your needs. Here you go:

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty

For everyone else that is interested in the OSSC Pro, can we get a status update! How's the FW looking?!! Very excited!
F off
LOL. Oh oh, did I get under your skin? Once again, I tell you, here is a new place where people care what YOU think.

https://tinyurl.com/7ak86mty
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

BuckoA51 wrote:
My framemeister is fine and made in Taiwan, a free democracy
You've personally audited all of Micomsoft's supply chains have you?

Anyway, of course I am happy to talk about where the OSSC Pro is made, but not if it's used as a thinly veiled excuse for racism. Our current quotes put EU manufacturing at about 3x that of China (avoiding China completely for manufacturing). Of course, when economies of scale kick in we might be able to get that down, but it seems to me dealing with China will take more than manufacturers big or small taking a stand, it needs a coordinated effort by world governments to formulate a response and actually help fund viable alternatives.
The days when people like yourself can play the race card on behalf of a genocidal communist regime are coming to an end, people can see who the real racists are. Whatever else you’re talking about, I don’t care, until video game perfection decides not to manufacture these devices in that country in particular, I’m not going to buy one, and anyone else with a Framemeister shouldn’t buy one either. We shouldn’t be funding genocide and slavery, when our Japanese device made in Taiwan is good enough.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:Great, except this also filters this very comment! Is there a way to filter only if the PITA is the message author?
The post gets filtered because it contains the keyword, and same with a post with a quote that includes it. But at that point you already have the filter working so it doesn't matter :lol: . Maybe someone can find a better filter setting, but it works well already and the more people use it the sooner this topic can move on.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

maxtherabbit wrote:
brainlet take
In the US, plenty of anti-Chinese sentiment has popped up lately in the form of targeting Asian Americans in one way or another... Shootings, beatings, businesses going under because people thought (American) Chinese food would somehow automatically have covid in it... Hate the Chinese government/country all you want but no need to contribute to race-baiting vocab against people that have nothing to do with it.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

bobrocks95 wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:
brainlet take
In the US, plenty of anti-Chinese sentiment has popped up lately in the form of targeting Asian Americans in one way or another... Shootings, beatings, businesses going under because people thought (American) Chinese food would somehow automatically have covid in it... Hate the Chinese government/country all you want but no need to contribute to race-baiting vocab against people that have nothing to do with it.
Again, you're not going to PC me out of speaking against genocide and slavery being committed by asians. As for the new asian lives matter movement aka stop asian hate, it's being used to keep people from speaking out against china. Nothing more. I don't buy their propaganda about hate crimes. We're not all buying this leftist agenda, and to try to use these fake hate crime claims to keep people from criticizing china is so weak and pathetic.

It would be wrong of me not to point out the hypocrisy of people like you, but it's been almost 2 decades after 9/11 and Muslims and Arabs are still discriminated against in the open and suffer hate crimes in the U.S and elsewhere. I wonder why you have no issue with that happening for 20 years straight.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

bobrocks95 wrote:
ross wrote:Not really sure how common a request this is, think I might have seen it mentioned once here earlier, but in case I'm misremembering something, has some kind of adjustable gamma boost functionality been considered as a potential feature here? Would be useful not just for scanlines on modern displays, but for compensating for loss of shadow detail when setting a lower black level on CRTs. The RTC2200 YPbPr to RGBHV converter had this built in, but it's pretty rare and hard to find these days. Seen some using the GammaX which is purely designed for making low end gamma adjustments, but having it as a feature here as an all in one solution would be pretty neat.
The pre-ADC Gain options already on the OSSC are good for brightening up a scanlined image, right? The rest you're talking about adjusting specific parts of the gamma curve?
It is. Bumping ADC gain a bit does help if you use all black scanlines. I wish there were separate ADC settings for scanlines on or off though. On Dreamcast I don't like scanlines on 480p contents, but I do on 240p, and with ADC increased I think the image is too bright in 480p mode.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Konsolkongen wrote:It is. Bumping ADC gain a bit does help if you use all black scanlines. I wish there were separate ADC settings for scanlines on or off though. On Dreamcast I don't like scanlines on 480p contents, but I do on 240p, and with ADC increased I think the image is too bright in 480p mode.
Profiles can help with that, you can have a profile for 240p content (with scanlines on and the ADC adjusted) and one for 480p content (with scanlines off and ADC stock).
strygo

Post by strygo »

fernan1234 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:Great, except this also filters this very comment! Is there a way to filter only if the PITA is the message author?
The post gets filtered because it contains the keyword, and same with a post with a quote that includes it. But at that point you already have the filter working so it doesn't matter :lol: . Maybe someone can find a better filter setting, but it works well already and the more people use it the sooner this topic can move on.
If you happen to use Tapatalk on mobile, you can block folks from there and the block is honored even on the website. It comes in handy in cases like this.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Lets talk adaptive timings.

With the previous OSSC you had to either look up FBX recommendations and or follow his video tutorial for proper chroma pixel landing for each resolution the system outputs and is sometimes set dependent.

With Mike Chi's claim of 'Adaptive timings' I have been hearing about on Facebook, I am interested to hear what features the OSSC pro has to ease the burden of profiling and calibrating each device.

It's probably been discussed but I was away from this site for a bit and and the thread is now 46 pages deep..

Can someone tell me what the magic of "adaptive timing" is without breaking an NDA?
Copyright 1987
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Guspaz wrote:
Konsolkongen wrote:It is. Bumping ADC gain a bit does help if you use all black scanlines. I wish there were separate ADC settings for scanlines on or off though. On Dreamcast I don't like scanlines on 480p contents, but I do on 240p, and with ADC increased I think the image is too bright in 480p mode.
Profiles can help with that, you can have a profile for 240p content (with scanlines on and the ADC adjusted) and one for 480p content (with scanlines off and ADC stock).
That’s a good suggestion, but I already have all 16 profiles in use :) I think it would be neat if this could be automated with scanlines on/off.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

strygo wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:
If you happen to use Tapatalk on mobile, you can block folks from there and the block is honored even on the website. It comes in handy in cases like this.
This right here FTW. Back to OSSC Pro talk!
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

XSync-1 wrote:Again, you're not going to PC me out of speaking against genocide and slavery being committed by asians. As for the new asian lives matter movement aka stop asian hate, it's being used to keep people from speaking out against china. Nothing more. I don't buy their propaganda about hate crimes. We're not all buying this leftist agenda, and to try to use these fake hate crime claims to keep people from criticizing china is so weak and pathetic.

It would be wrong of me not to point out the hypocrisy of people like you, but it's been almost 2 decades after 9/11 and Muslims and Arabs are still discriminated against in the open and suffer hate crimes in the U.S and elsewhere. I wonder why you have no issue with that happening for 20 years straight.
Kind of fucking batshit insane response here man. Why would you assume I'm okay with discrimination against Muslims??? Fake hate crimes????? Here's a Wikipedia article with literally 545 references you might want to take a look at. If you can take off your tinfoil hat for a couple of seconds, you might realize that you can still be critical of China without being a fucking moron on top of that. Christ.
Hoagtech wrote:Lets talk adaptive timings.

With the previous OSSC you had to either look up FBX recommendations and or follow his video tutorial for proper chroma pixel landing for each resolution the system outputs and is sometimes set dependent.

With Mike Chi's claim of 'Adaptive timings' I have been hearing about on Facebook, I am interested to hear what features the OSSC pro has to ease the burden of profiling and calibrating each device.

It's probably been discussed but I was away from this site for a bit and and the thread is now 46 pages deep..

Can someone tell me what the magic of "adaptive timing" is without breaking an NDA?
Mike did drop a little bit of info about it in the retrotink 5x thread- you select a sort of "base mode" in the menu saying which console you're using and then supposedly it does the rest. My concerns with what was shared so far were that it didn't look like all the consoles I'd want to use are supported (more could be added with firmware updates I assume though), and I don't know if it handles all resolutions that console can put out or if you have to for example with Genesis select between 256 and 320 line modes.

I'm generally a generic timings on the OSSC kind of person, setting the phase can really suck and I don't want to have to reference a list or sit there and guess what resolution the game I'm playing runs in. So I'm not getting the most out of my machine unfortunately.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

you can still be critical of China without being a fucking moron on top of that. Christ.
You can also take perfectly valid criticism of the Chinese government and use it to tar other people with the same brush, which is the impression I get from our angry friend here.
Well we're still not sure how RetroTINK 5x is doing this. OSSC Pro can extrapolate as much information from the signal as any other device, and ways of automatically dialing in phase should be possible on the expanded hardware.
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

bobrocks95 wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:
brainlet take
I really don't want to keep shitting up this thread so this will be the only post I make on the subject, but this "stop asian hate" thing is basically bullshit. All the highly publicized crimes that yielded the narrative were actually by all accounts, not racially motivated and/or crimes of opportunity. Making angry posts on the internet about china does not result in their expats being physically assaulted any more than playing shooter video games results in people being physically shot. (both zero for the dull crowd)

That being said I disavow any defense of xsync-1 and wish marqs the best of luck in getting his device manufactured anywhere he sees fit.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Any further discussion of politics, the Chinese, or Chinese politics is to take place in a thread created for that specific purpose in the Off Topic -subforum, not here.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I really don't want to keep shitting up this thread
Could have fooled me.
marqs

Post by marqs »

Hoagtech wrote:Lets talk adaptive timings.

As of now Pro has a number of console-specific sampling presets such as SNES 256col, SNES 512col, MD 256col, MD 320col etc. End-user can just select a suitable preset from menu after which very little fine tuning is needed (mainly position, and occasionally phase). In some cases it'd be possible to create an "auto" preset for a console - for example MD 256/320col can be distinguished via hsync length (assuming there's no switch etc. on signal path that would alter it). However, there is no fully-automated adjustment at play that would magically calibrate each source, and I doubt such will get implemented in fw updates (anyone is free to try of course). Automatic clock and phase detection are nothing new among video frontends and same functionality could be built into Pro with some added intelligence, but like anyone who have used those features in monitors etc. knows, they are always more or less hit and miss.
Bahn Yuki

Post by Bahn Yuki »

Guspaz wrote:
Bahn Yuki wrote:1080i output since Mike Chi ridiculed people on Twitter for asking about it on the retrotink 5x. "No 1080i, no buy" is a campaign slogan I can get behind.
So, I'm not familiar with the particular tweets being referred to, but Mike has said here that the lack of interlacing support is an architectural limit that he might try to address in the future:
mikechi2 wrote:Sorry, no 480p -> 480i. This is something in the back of my mind, but the architecture of the scaler isn't setup to produce interlaced sync yet haha. I would love to have this for watching movies, although I think (?) you can get commerical HDMI -> component dongles that can do this (?)
https://twitter.com/retrotink2/status/1 ... 11648?s=20

That was just today. He was actually kinder today about it. I made my reply earlier about it. "No 1080i, no buy". Since marqs said 1080i will be a feature, I'm buying the OSSC Pro.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Displays I currently own:
LG 83C1(OLED),LG 77C2(OLED), LG 42C2(OLED),TCL 75R635(MiniLED),Apple Studio Monitor 21(PCCRT),SONY 34XBR960x2(HDCRT)
SONY 32XBR250,Samsung UBJ590(LED),Panasonic P50VT20(Plasma),JVC NZ8
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Wouldn't you be connecting it to a 4K TV? What's the use case for 1080i HDMI output? I can't think of any TV off the top of my head that accepts 1080i but not 240p.