Sega CD problems

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fighter17
Banned User

Sega CD problems

Post by Fighter17 »

I just purchase a Sega CD model 2 from ebay, and today it came in the mail. The problem is the connectors. When you put the Sega CD in the Genesis, it doesn't work. Well I try to clean it and what do you know, a shitload of dirt. I been cleaning it for the last two hours and it still has dirt. I really need a better way to clean it. I clean it by put the system in the Sega CD for a second, and take it out and q-tip it. By doing that, you'll see a lot of dirt on the q-tip. I clean the Genesis slot with the q-tip and try to clean the Sega CD one as well. Any ideas on how to clean better?
FRO

Post by FRO »

You might try some compressed air in a can - I find that cleans most electronics quite well - just be careful not to shake the can or hold it upside down (or at too slant an angle) - it will spit out the frozen liquid mixture used to force the air out of the can, which *CAN* cause damage to the components, though not all the time. One thing I recommend is to wait at least 10 minutes after using the air in a can so in case your system did get a bit cold during all that cleaning it can return to room temperature before you boot it up.
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

FRO wrote:You might try some compressed air in a can - I find that cleans most electronics quite well - just be careful not to shake the can or hold it upside down (or at too slant an angle) - it will spit out the frozen liquid mixture used to force the air out of the can, which *CAN* cause damage to the components, though not all the time. One thing I recommend is to wait at least 10 minutes after using the air in a can so in case your system did get a bit cold during all that cleaning it can return to room temperature before you boot it up.
Thanks for the tip, but the bad news is that I had to return it to the seller on ebay (gotten my money back). If you check the selling forum, I'm now looking for an Sega CD Model 2 again.