Barco CRT CPM-2070

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
St4rwalker

Barco CRT CPM-2070

Post by St4rwalker »

Is this crt any good for 15khz? How are the scanlin3s and how do this model compares
To the sony pvm 2730 or 2950qm? Thanks
"That’s because any rare Japanese shmup transaction that doesn’t find you waking up short a kidney in a bathtub of ice, is a bargain."
St4rwalker

Re: Barco CRT CPM-2070

Post by St4rwalker »

bump really your opinions on this one !"
"That’s because any rare Japanese shmup transaction that doesn’t find you waking up short a kidney in a bathtub of ice, is a bargain."
buttersoft

Post by buttersoft »

There's not much info about this model on google, only some stuff about a guy having trouble getting RGB into it as he doesn't have the pinout for the 9-pin RGB connector or something.

That same post mentions a tally lamp though, which points to it being a 19"/20" production or broadcast monitor, so smaller than the 2730/2530. It will probably have higher TVL though - think finer dot-pitch, or how clear and scanlined the image will be. On the other hand it'll be shadowmask or slotmask, which means less distinct scanlines than an aperture grille tube. I personally think shadowmask tubes are nicer, but that's me.

Barco have a great rep for making great high-end monitors and AV gear however. If it's in ok condition and is going for about US$150-200 it'd definitely be worth looking at.
Last edited by buttersoft on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
St4rwalker

Post by St4rwalker »

Thanks if i have to decide between this one barco, and a hantarex mgg28 which should i choose? (See my other post)