PSP Go on Sony PVM?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Gormac5

PSP Go on Sony PVM?

Post by Gormac5 »

Hi everyone,

I have a Sony PVM hooked to a Hydra Scart switcher via BNC adapters. All my retro consoles are connected to the Hydra.

I’m now wanting to hook my PSP Go to the PVM (I really want Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre on the PVM, and wouldn’t mind playing PS1 games on it too) without the hassle of unhooking the Hydra each time. I have third-party Go component cables - I’m thinking some kind of component-to-RGB solution. I was looking at the Garo but saw there may be some issues with it.

Any advice on the best way to get my Go hooked into the ecosystem? Thanks for any advice. This is my first post here but have relied on the site to get my set up working thus far, so really appreciate the community.
Gara

Re: PSP Go on Sony PVM?

Post by Gara »

Hopefully you're not looking for an instant solution. Your best bet is to wait for the COMP2RGB. There isn't a solid release date, but I'd wager it gets a release within a couple months.

https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/comp2rgb

https://www.retrotink.com/blog/where-s-the-comp2rgb

I too eagerly await hooking my PSPGO up with RGB out. Currently I am using a custom YPbPr to Scart cable and running it through my Gscartsw. The latest Gscartsw allows for Scart to carry YPbPr. I don't think the Hydra can do that. It's annoying having to manually switch my PVM to YPbPr, so I am quite eager for the COMP2RGB.

It's eerie, but just today I was thinking of the best way to play PSP games on my PVM. What I came up with is using the analog out on my VP50 Pro and hooking it up to the PVM. It should allow me to fully zoom in at the cost of a small lag penalty. Seeing your topic was surprising.
Gormac5

Post by Gormac5 »

Yeah it doesn’t seem like a topic of much discussion (I could find very little into) and I appreciate your reply. I’ve been waiting to do this for ages and as my last few big retro projects are finishing up, I started turning back to the PSP. FFT is my favorite game of all time, so I’m hoping to eventually find some solution to playing War of the Lions on my PVM.

I don’t think I have much of a choice but to wait; I saw the COMP2RGB but also saw it wasn’t out yet (and was holding out hold it hole there might be some other option). Fingers crossed that it’s released soon!
Gara

Post by Gara »

Hopefully a Hydra owner can chime in on YPbPr over Scart support. You're probably better off waiting for the COMP2RGB, but it would be nice to know if you have options.

Have you tried the FFT mod scene? FFT Complete is supposed to be pretty awesome. There is just so many different mods. I keep meaning to get to them.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=2686.0
Gormac5

Post by Gormac5 »

Yeah, I'm not sure there are any, other than waiting for the COMP2RGB...

I haven't played any of the hacks or mods yet! It's so overwhelming, and FFT is just so perfectly imperfect it would be tough to try and follow up Matsuno.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Does your PVM support component thru BNC?
Gormac5

Post by Gormac5 »

Yup - I've had the Go hooked into the PVM via BNC connectors before.