Nintendo 64 RGB Mod - Vertical Green Lines

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maverickgunn

Nintendo 64 RGB Mod - Vertical Green Lines

Post by maverickgunn »

I recently installed Arthrimus' modified N64RGB v1 board to fix the voltage problems previously found on Borti's original board. It all is working solid, the blur/deblur works, etc. However, I've found that on the image I'm getting these vertical green bars all the way across the horizontal of the image. I also seem to get a very noisy image on some games, particularly noticeable on Shadows of the Empire; almost like a poor antenna reception if it were a TV signal.

I don't get these on other consoles I have hooked up, including a Super Nintendo using the same SCART cable, and I can't figure out what is causing this. I took the system apart and all the cabling seems solid, but I'm guessing it's some kind of interference or voltage mismatch.

Has anyone seen this before and could point me in the right direction of getting this figured out?

Syntax

Re: Nintendo 64 RGB Mod - Vertical Green Lines

Post by Syntax »

None of borties boards had voltage issues. They use 5v.
Tim's do have issues as they use 3.3v.

Your running a 5v board on 3.3v I'd say.
maverickgunn

Re: Nintendo 64 RGB Mod - Vertical Green Lines

Post by maverickgunn »

Hey, thanks for responding. I'm actually Arthrimus' modified N64RGBv1 with an integrated 3.3v regulator. So I'm pretty something is wrong with how I installed it or I'm getting interference from something.