The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Anybody ever hear anything about this being used as a gaming TV? It highly resembles a Sony PVM/BVM in structure and inputs, and it's possible I can get one or two, although I'm struggling to find models about 15".

There's a full synopsis of features here and a specs PDF for download:

https://www.barcodesinc.com/samsung/part-smc152f.htm

"400 TV lines of horizontal resolution
The Samsung SMC-150/SMC-152F Monitor is a 15" color monitor housed in a metal case featuring looping video and audio circuits. This color monitor features a metal case, sturdy construction and is designed and built as a security monitor. With 400 lines of resolution, this monitor delivers high quality video images in a compact 15" Flat format. SMC-150/SMC-152F Monitor F is equipped with a worldwide compatible power supply (both NTSC and PAL). Automatic 75 Ohms terminations and on screen display-programming make this monitor an ideal choice for system integration and other viewing environments. SMC monitor series are world renowned for the high quality video images."
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Kez

Re: Feedback: Samsung SMC152F CCTV Security Monitor

Post by Kez »

I've not heard of this.. However from looking at the specs I wouldn't expect anything special. 400TVL is fairly standard consumer resolution, so won't be super sharp but could still look quite nice at 15". However it seems to be composite only, so you would be limited there.

As with most CRTs the best idea is to look at it before buying. Watch out for screen burn and flat tubes are prone to geometry issues.

It may be worth picking up at the right price, but that number would be quite low I think.
geiger9

Post by geiger9 »

I have one of these sets. I picked it up at our local TV broadcaster. It's composite only and I can't seem to find any service menu for it. I wouldn't recommend it unless it was free.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Appreciate the feedback guys. If it's only worth having if it's free I'll need to pass I suppose.

What a shame, it looked promising from build quality. :(
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die