Using 480p RGB from WiiDual with an NEC XV29+ via D-sub 15

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
andykara2003

Using 480p RGB from WiiDual with an NEC XV29+ via D-sub 15

Post by andykara2003 »

I’m looking to get a cable made to connect my NEC XV29+ monitor to the WiiDual’s analogue output via an Extron RGB 203Rxi. The WiiDual doesn’t officially output RGBHV, although it can be modified to do so, but I *think* that the Extron should be able to accept the 480p RGB directly from the unmodified WiiDual’s analogue output and relay that to the monitor.

Would anyone know if that would work with my monitor and how the cable from the Wii/Wiidual to the Extron should be wired? And also, would there be any difference to the image quality between doing it this way and modding the WiiDual board to give RGBHV? Citrus3000psi was good enough to show me how to do this mod but I'm not sure if it's pointless to ask my modder to do this if it's not necessary - unless for some reason having both the horizontal and vertical sync produces a more stable/better image in some way. I'm a bit OCD about this sort of thing so I'd go for the best solution even if it's more hassle - I'd like to get the same great image from the Wii that I get from my Gamecube using an RGBHV modded D-terminal cable.

I'm thinking that if I can get the connection from the Wii/Wiidual to the Extron right, then I can just use a standard VGA cable (combined with my BNC to D-sub 15 cable), from the Extron to the monitor. Here’s the manual page for the monitor’s D-sub 15’s configuration:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10986 ... =15#manual