This is why you don’t garbage pack a Hikaru, or any pcb!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
awbacon

This is why you don’t garbage pack a Hikaru, or any pcb!

Post by awbacon »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_JLf40I0fg

Long story short ; this is what happens when a seller packs a rare and expensive shmup like an idiot ; a completely ruined Planet Harriers board.

Had been looking for one for half a year and...well seriously just watch the vid. I can’t describe what I found when I opened the box in words.
Unseen

Re: This is why you don’t garbage pack a Hikaru, or any pcb!

Post by Unseen »

awbacon wrote:Long story short ; this is what happens when a seller packs a rare and expensive shmup like an idiot ; a completely ruined Planet Harriers board.
Could be salvageable, at least the boards aren't cracked. Aren't there any reballing services locally or within reasonable shipping distance from you? Sometimes even independent mobile phone repair shops have the equipment to rework BGA chips, although they may not be able to handle a chip as large as that one.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Whenever I am buying a difficult to ship item from a seller I haven't dealt with before I message politely about shipping instructions and tips. I highly recommended this.
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

That's rough. You'd think that anyone who owns PCBs would know better.

I got lucky on a while ago with a seller who sent an SF2 CE and a Superman pcb in the same box with no bubble wrap or paper. He just wrapped both PCBs in (the same) old towel. It's literally a miracle that they still worked.

How hard is it really to bubble wrap and double box...
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

How hard is it really to bubble wrap and double box...

You would think not very but at some point I had just dealt with too much crap which drove me to the point of asking. Especially when I am buying something where there is only one or two for sale on the whole of the internet. I'd rather have a working item instead of my money back.

I could rattle off countless examples of levels of incompetence similar to the op and what you described.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

You bought it on eBay? You should be able to get a full refund, including return shipping expenses:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolv ... rn?id=4041
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

I did get a refund :) I shot that before it was approved but it was all good, minus you know....zero packing materials
headlesshobbs

Post by headlesshobbs »

So what lame-ass excuse did this guy have?

I know there's plenty of people who don't care as much, but sometimes you just have to wonder how their thought process works.
"Don't HD my SD!!"