Mitsubishi xc2930c - OSD adjustments for H width and sub wid

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DejahThoris

Mitsubishi xc2930c - OSD adjustments for H width and sub wid

Post by DejahThoris »

Alright. I don't expect too large of a response, but I recently recapped all nine PCBs inside the monitor and all of my previous issues are gone thankfully.

But now I have a new issue: the displayed screen only takes up 2/3 of the monitor horizontally.

I've adjusted B4 per the manual and it sits at like 55% width, but maxing it out puts me around 65-70%.

Both OSD settings for width (h width and sub width) do absolutely nothing when adjusted up and down.

I'm not really sure where to go from here and unfortunately the service manual isn't terribly interested in H width.
Hoagtech

Re: Mitsubishi xc2930c - OSD adjustments for H width and sub

Post by Hoagtech »

You need to adjust sub width.

There is a service switch inside the tv on the largest pcb facing towards the back wall with the power connector.

It’s a plastic oval switch. It defaults to pointing straight up.

You need to flip it to the left and use the buttons on the front to adjust its values.

You will know the adjustments are working if you get a mirror and see the led board light up on the same back pcb.

If you link me to your service manual I could pull up the legend.

@XGA turned me onto this and half life 2 is way better now
Copyright 1987
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

If you read my first post again, changing sub width does nothing.

Both h width and sub width do absolutely nothing when changed in the menus.

I'll upload the manual somewhere and link it in a little bit here.
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

I have this monitor. What issues did you have that you replaced the caps to solve? Did you take any photos of the process? I'd love to see that service manual as well.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Endymion wrote:I have this monitor. What issues did you have that you replaced the caps to solve? Did you take any photos of the process? I'd love to see that service manual as well.
I'll send the manual your way.

Nothing really to take photos of, it was pretty basic just a REALLY long job. Think it was 245 caps, and cost around $150 in parts.

This one had been taking a long time to warm up, and would screech whenever it had sync at 240p (absolutely fine at 480p or higher). Both of these are solved.

I actually fixed the problem the thread was created for. The pot that controls Horizontal Auto Tracking doesn't only adjust hold like the manual suggests, but it also adjusts base H width. Mine likely isn't to spec as I don't have an HV Probe to measure voltage at the anode cap, but adjusting it down a little got my full screen back.

I have another that whines unbearably loud when it has no signal at all, and won't display interlaced signals. *sigh*. But at least one is down, and when I find myself with another many hours to burn and a spare $150 to throw at caps again that one will hopefully be back up again too.