Red Screen on PVM20L5 problem

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SimplyEric

Red Screen on PVM20L5 problem

Post by SimplyEric »

Hi all,

Please read the entire OP as I will be pouring out all of my troubleshooting details.

It seems like my PVM-20L5 has a weird issue where it displays a very bright red color when using the RGB/COMPONENT BNC ports at the back.

I can tell you a few things:
-It is 100% not the SCART-to-BNC cable that I am using (because rgb scart consoles display fine on the BKM-129x that its equipped with)
-To add to the earlier point, the BKM-129x is normally used for component cables (using 3 bnc adapters); I transferred these cables to the rgb/component bnc ports in the back and the same red issue occurs

I don't know how this happened. Is there a secret a setting or button to fix this? I even went as far as to factory reset the thing but that didn't help.

I have also been making sure to correctly set to either RGB or Component in the menu when applicable.

I have also tried switching the cables around (red in green, blue in red, etc....). Different combinations never helped with this issue.

Below are images to give you a better idea. The first is an RGB cable console (dreamcast) and the second is a component cable console (wii). I have tested Saturn and Genesis as well and they both appear red just like the dreamcast. My PS3 (in component) and Xbox (in component) also appear red, just like the Wii.

I should be lucky to have this BKM-129X, but it creates a huge hole in my setup as I used to be able to allocate component to the BKM and SCART to the back.