Need some more TourVision info

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
FPJ

Need some more TourVision info

Post by FPJ »

I red over all the TourVision info on the System11 blog, but still have a couple questions. I couldn't find any contact info, so posting here was the best way I could think of to try and get System11's attention, haha. We got a TourVision board and 9 games recently and I was trying to figure out:

1) Is there a table of the dip switch settings?

2) We don't have any of the cabinet parts, so we have no timer display. Is there a schematic or any info on how I might build one? Or possibly a place to acquire one?

Thanks for any help!
system11

Re: Need some more TourVision info

Post by system11 »

Are you the guy who contacted me on Twitter? Strange two people should ask for timer schematics at once.

So anyway, there is no timer schematic, it's not something I've had time to do and I'm unlikely to get time. I think the DIPs in MAME are more or less right, I should probably verify them. There's not really much there which isn't to do with time units! They get listed on ebay from time to time, theres a seller called barcelonaretroclass (I think) who I bought at least two of mine from and he had one listed a few days ago.

I removed contact info from the blog ages ago due to hate mail.

Which games did you get?
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
FPJ

Post by FPJ »

I don't use Twitter, so it is actually a coincidence!

We currently have Ninja Spirit, Devil Crash, Be Ball, Aero Blasters, Gomola Speed, Final Match Tennis, Winning Shot, Doraemon and Jackie Chan Action Kung-Fu. I've also ordered your HuCard board from OSH to get that put together.

That's okay, I may be able to figure it out myself, but I figured I'd check just in case. We run everything off a free play model anyway, so there will just be a credit button. I just figured it'd be easier if people playing could tell when time was low, but it won't be the end of the world if we don't have it.

Cool, I will trust the MAME dips then. I've encountered so many wrong dips on Arcade Restoration that I wanted to double-check, especially since I can't see the timer, haha.
system11

Post by system11 »

You probably want the timer to be visible to be honest if running multiple games - some of them don't have any method of exiting other than time out so you don't want people putting 9000 seconds on a game without one. barceloneretroclass on ebay quite often has timer boards up for sale.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org