Trying to get some clarity on how to Serb up my Atomiswave.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ClarkDV

Trying to get some clarity on how to Serb up my Atomiswave.

Post by ClarkDV »

I want the 480p 31khz signal. Now if I use a standard supergun with the board set to 480p, will that signal be carried through the jamma connection? And then I could use the RGB scart out on the Supergun or component out?

OR do I have to use the VGA out? If so, how do I use my super gun for power and controllers while using the VGA for video? Thanks!
DejahThoris

Re: Trying to get some clarity on how to Serb up my Atomiswa

Post by DejahThoris »

ClarkDV wrote:I want the 480p 31khz signal. Now if I use a standard supergun with the board set to 480p, will that signal be carried through the jamma connection? And then I could use the RGB scart out on the Supergun or component out?

OR do I have to use the VGA out? If so, how do I use my super gun for power and controllers while using the VGA for video? Thanks!
You can use the VGA connection on the Atomiswave. Just plug it into your monitor. Set the dipswitch for 31k.

And use your supergun like normal, just don't plug the video cable into anything.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

Beautiful. Thanks a million!
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

don't forget to wear your adidas while using it!
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

Will do haha.

How do I take this signal to my PVM-20L5?
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

ClarkDV wrote:Will do haha.

just grab a VGA-BNC breakout cable - connect RGB to the monitor and use the H-Sync BNC plug as sync, just ignore the V-Sync BNC and let it hang loose
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

maxtherabbit wrote:
ClarkDV wrote:Will do haha.

just grab a VGA-BNC breakout cable - connect RGB to the monitor and use the H-Sync BNC plug as sync, just ignore the V-Sync BNC and let it hang loose

Thanks! Gonna gather stuff for the setup I need soon then.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

One more question. Does audio come from the VGA output, or do I need to use my supergun to pull audio from the unit?
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

ClarkDV wrote:One more question. Does audio come from the VGA output, or do I need to use my supergun to pull audio from the unit?
you can get mono audio from the supergun IIRC, but there is a JST connector on the AW that has a stereo output
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

maxtherabbit wrote:
ClarkDV wrote:One more question. Does audio come from the VGA output, or do I need to use my supergun to pull audio from the unit?
you can get mono audio from the supergun IIRC, but there is a JST connector on the AW that has a stereo output
Is this fine then? Or do I need a specific pin setup for Atomiswave JST connector. Sorry I’m new to this kinda thing
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_049TMRCA2 ... RCA2F.html
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

ClarkDV wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:
Is this fine then? Or do I need a specific pin setup for Atomiswave JST connector. Sorry I’m new to this kinda thing
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_049TMRCA2 ... RCA2F.html
that won't work, it is a specific pinout to the atomiswave and is also speaker level not line level

here's a thread with more info
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ ... reo-cable/