EWF2006 Emerson CRT TV inquiry.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Rock Man

EWF2006 Emerson CRT TV inquiry.

Post by Rock Man »

Does this display have a screen adjust? If so how do I access it using the remote?

The remote I bought didn't exactly come with a guide. I'm trying to use it for my 3DO in S-Video. The screen is shifted too far to the right on most games. Be great if it came with an auto adjust!
cyborc

Re: EWF2006 Emerson CRT TV inquiry.

Post by cyborc »

The service mode does have an H-position adjustment. Hopefully you have the original remote, because you'll need to add a jumper wire to it to even get into the service mode (seriously, Emerson?? how dumb.)

Here's a link to the service manual.

https://elektrotanya.com/emerson_ewf200 ... ad.html#dl
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

I'm using this remote:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Cont ... B00A82OAZQ

Which appears to work on the TV I can switch channels, adjust the volume and everything. According to the guide you sent me. I would need to press power (on the TV itself not the remote) then "SLEEP" on the remote control. But every time I hit sleep it gives me a sleep timer.

If the menu came up I'd of gotten a confirmation "Version Micro Computer" option according to the guide and that would lead me to H Position. Instead it keeps saying sleep (insert number) what am I missing?

I appreciate the guide btw.
cyborc

Post by cyborc »

As I interpret it from the service manual, (page 15) You have to actually open up the remote, and connect a wire to two points on the remote control circuit board labeled "J1" in order for the service mode procedure to work.

Your remote looks like it may be generic? So I'm not sure if it will have that jumper. Really the only way to find out is to open it up...
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

There a guide on the best way to open the remote? I don't see any screws on it. When you say I have to connect the points that's all it is correct? Nothing has to be soldered.