shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am 



Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 343
Location: Woodinville, WA
eBay Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/YPbPr-to-RGB-S ... Sw6QJdJDXo

Has anyone tried one of these? I'm still looking for a solution that handles 240p-1080i. I ran into issues with the Garo and Garo 2 (documented in the Garo thread). The Extron CVC 300 has produced the best results for me, but it doesn't automatically handle 480i/480p (requires the use of a small dial on the front).

I'd love to pick up an RTC 2200 or an Audio Authority 9A65 but haven't been able to track either one down. I'm hoping this Linuxbot3000 might be the answer.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:50 am 



Joined: 29 Apr 2015
Posts: 23
I have 2 of these. I have not tested anything above 240/480i but with a correct power supply I got good results

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 2263
Location: Kentucky
A slightly older version of their VGA to YPbPr converter gave me purple streaks on dark to bright color transitions. This was when it was plexiglass instead of in an enclosure- not sure if board designs have been updated.

May be worth a shot, but Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:48 pm 



Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 343
Location: Woodinville, WA
bobrocks95: I have a Shinybow, and I agree that it is great. For this, I’m looking to go the opposite direction and this task has proved more elusive.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 2263
Location: Kentucky
strygo wrote:
bobrocks95: I have a Shinybow, and I agree that it is great. For this, I’m looking to go the opposite direction and this task has proved more elusive.


Ah, my bad for not catching that. I think it's worth a shot then- linuxbot accepted my return quickly and with no arguments or anything, they were fine to work with if you do run into any issues, but return shipping to New Zealand hurt a bit.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 230
bobrocks95 wrote:
Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.


I'd buy one myself, but the Shinybow (the SB-2840 ??) is double the price.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 2263
Location: Kentucky
ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:
Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.


I'd buy one myself, but the Shinybow (the SB-2840 ??) is double the price.


Double the price, but thoroughly tested and vetted by the community. I will say I felt the same way before, and people recommended the Shinybow but I wanted to try multiple other (cheaper) options first, and I would have saved time, money, and headache just going with the Shinybow from the start.

Not knocking Linuxbot's stuff, it would be nice if someone took the plunge and these cheaper alternatives were ran through their paces, but again the Shinybow is still available brand new for now...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 230
bobrocks95 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:
Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.


I'd buy one myself, but the Shinybow (the SB-2840 ??) is double the price.


Double the price, but thoroughly tested and vetted by the community. I will say I felt the same way before, and people recommended the Shinybow but I wanted to try multiple other (cheaper) options first, and I would have saved time, money, and headache just going with the Shinybow from the start.

Not knocking Linuxbot's stuff, it would be nice if someone took the plunge and these cheaper alternatives were ran through their paces, but again the Shinybow is still available brand new for now...


Yeah that's true. This does SCART to component, what about going the other way? I was thinking the Extron HD 301 or Gefen Hi Def scaler?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm 



Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 343
Location: Woodinville, WA
eBay had a 10% in-app eBucks special, so I caved and ordered the YPbPr -> SCART adapter. I'll update this thread with my experience once I receive it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group