Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am 

eBay Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/YPbPr-to-RGB-S ... Sw6QJdJDXo

Has anyone tried one of these? I'm still looking for a solution that handles 240p-1080i. I ran into issues with the Garo and Garo 2 (documented in the Garo thread). The Extron CVC 300 has produced the best results for me, but it doesn't automatically handle 480i/480p (requires the use of a small dial on the front).

I'd love to pick up an RTC 2200 or an Audio Authority 9A65 but haven't been able to track either one down. I'm hoping this Linuxbot3000 might be the answer.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Linuxbot3000 YPbPr to SCART Converter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:50 am 

I have 2 of these. I have not tested anything above 240/480i but with a correct power supply I got good results

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am 

A slightly older version of their VGA to YPbPr converter gave me purple streaks on dark to bright color transitions. This was when it was plexiglass instead of in an enclosure- not sure if board designs have been updated.

May be worth a shot, but Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:48 pm 

bobrocks95: I have a Shinybow, and I agree that it is great. For this, I’m looking to go the opposite direction and this task has proved more elusive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm 

strygo wrote:
bobrocks95: I have a Shinybow, and I agree that it is great. For this, I’m looking to go the opposite direction and this task has proved more elusive.

Ah, my bad for not catching that. I think it's worth a shot then- linuxbot accepted my return quickly and with no arguments or anything, they were fine to work with if you do run into any issues, but return shipping to New Zealand hurt a bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm 

bobrocks95 wrote:
Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.

I'd buy one myself, but the Shinybow (the SB-2840 ??) is double the price.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 pm 

ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:
Shinybow's are still available new for just a bit more, and are recommended by pretty much everyone.

Double the price, but thoroughly tested and vetted by the community. I will say I felt the same way before, and people recommended the Shinybow but I wanted to try multiple other (cheaper) options first, and I would have saved time, money, and headache just going with the Shinybow from the start.

Not knocking Linuxbot's stuff, it would be nice if someone took the plunge and these cheaper alternatives were ran through their paces, but again the Shinybow is still available brand new for now...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 pm 

bobrocks95 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
bobrocks95 wrote:

Double the price, but thoroughly tested and vetted by the community. I will say I felt the same way before, and people recommended the Shinybow but I wanted to try multiple other (cheaper) options first, and I would have saved time, money, and headache just going with the Shinybow from the start.

Not knocking Linuxbot's stuff, it would be nice if someone took the plunge and these cheaper alternatives were ran through their paces, but again the Shinybow is still available brand new for now...

Yeah that's true. This does SCART to component, what about going the other way? I was thinking the Extron HD 301 or Gefen Hi Def scaler?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm 

eBay had a 10% in-app eBucks special, so I caved and ordered the YPbPr -> SCART adapter. I'll update this thread with my experience once I receive it.

Offline Profile