Can the next gen of consoles show any meaningful progress?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Revolver Ocelot

Re: Can the next gen of consoles show any meaningful progres

Post by Revolver Ocelot »

Although I am buying both next gen machines (Ps5 at launch, the xbox scarlett a bit later) I am not expecting much at all. Because the difference will not be as big as it used to be. The jump will never be that big again, as it was from ps1 to ps2 and from ps2 to ps3.

Back then you could see at the first glance that the upcoming System is going to rock. But These days the differences are more subtle. And I do not care about these small differences in frame rate and Resolution at all.

I am just a console peasant :mrgreen: Still enjoying playing games on basic ps4 and the xbox one S on my 4K Screen and I cannot complain at all.

I think I will never be able to enjoy jumps in graphics at all. I have watched some footage of some games I know on youtube running with the latest pc graphics cards. And the difference was not overwhelming compared to my ps4 experience. It looks a bit better I guess but there was now effect.

So everything is up to the games . Tech will not be the reason why I get the next gen systems. The new games are the only reason why i want the next gen machines.
Last edited by Revolver Ocelot on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
neorichieb1971

Re: Can the next gen of consoles show any meaningful progres

Post by neorichieb1971 »

And the games will most likely be 4k updates of 1080p games today, even by name. Such things like Destiny 2 4k edition. Naught Dog will knock a few out i'm sure.

Then when the new games come along it will be like the games you already have with different maps.

I'd rather they went into arcade mode again. Racing on 4 tracks with 6 cars is so much better than racing 500 tracks with 6500 cars. I don't really know why, maybe accessibility and being able to learn the game inside out. I like games like that, not games where you drone through 600 hours of boredom.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.