Need a new PS2 HDD. Help.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
fernan1234

Re: Need a new PS2 HDD. Help.

Post by fernan1234 »

tongshadow wrote:I think its important to mention that forced 480p can display wrong aspect ratios on most titles, it makes them look like 8:7 or something. This can be corrected by your display (or scaler) if you set it to fill the whole screen, so you still get black bars on both sides but on 4:3.
I've seen this happen too, it's probably because a lot of monitors display 480i and 480p differently. On my multisync monitor 480p is always horizontally narrower with the same alignment settings, so I had to stretch it for 480p to have the correct AR.
tongshadow

Re: Need a new PS2 HDD. Help.

Post by tongshadow »

fernan1234 wrote:
tongshadow wrote:I think its important to mention that forced 480p can display wrong aspect ratios on most titles, it makes them look like 8:7 or something. This can be corrected by your display (or scaler) if you set it to fill the whole screen, so you still get black bars on both sides but on 4:3.
I've seen this happen too, it's probably because a lot of monitors display 480i and 480p differently. On my multisync monitor 480p is always horizontally narrower with the same alignment settings, so I had to stretch it for 480p to have the correct AR.
Well it seems like it's an issue from the PS2 output itself, because my OSSC also displays the wrong aspect ratio when it line doubles 480p to 960p.