New to RGsB/RGBHV have questions/need advice

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dr Tal

New to RGsB/RGBHV have questions/need advice

Post by Dr Tal »

HI just wanted to ask a few questions or get some advice or possible help.
Short question: Any cheap way to test RGsB/RGBHV setup on a tv? I have ps2/3 which does sync on green but component cables dont output that properly to test and want to make sure it accepts the RGb signal properly before i invest into completing a full set up. Also the tv only accepts RGsB or RGBHV not RGBS.

Long Explanation:
Decided to finally setup retro gaming room on and have an old mitsu 65" tv (WS-65413)which i am using as my tv cuz it has many connection ports(2rf/2rca/3comp/dvi) and accepts 240p signal even though it says only supports 480i/p+1080i. I'm currently using a mix of rf/composite/s-video/component switches/cables with most of the consoles, only 2 of which are modded(snes compnent mod/gen3 s-video mod/stereo mod). Now i want to run rgb through most of my consoles eventually but getting the cables/modding and getting a tv that accepts rgb signals just wasn't on the table until i notices something about the old mitsu tv.

One of the component input accepts meant for DTV accepts RGsB/RGBHV(no RGBS) signals. So now ive been planning how to set up an rgb based setup around this but dont want to buy all this equipment and find out that i cant even use it properly. So i was wondering any cheap way to test the inputs or a cable that goes from ps2 with SOG or any other retro cable that has a cable to 5 bnc(RGVHV)
Also any feed back on the setup i would be trying to do.
14 consoles rgb modded/cables(eventually)
Leading into 3 Otaku-Store SCART / RCA Switchs daisy chained together with 2 going into the last one and last one being used for output
Leading into Sync Strike(so the output is now in RGBHV)
Leading into VGA to 5 BNC with BNC to RCA Adapters