shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
Bratwurst wrote:
Flashman wrote:
What is this Beveling issue in layman's teams? does it mean the product hasn't been made to the industry standard? I will be kind of pissed off if it dies in a year and a V2 solves the problem for people who purchased later, or indeed if there is a risk of it damaging my Mega SD.


The very edge of the circuitboard portion of a game cartridge is supposed to have a rounded/angled touch to ease insertion into the receiving connector of the system. Cheap/bootleg varieties like you'd buy from AliExpress vendors don't bother with this as a cost saving measure. Without it, it could potentially catch a connector finger just right and bend it out of alignment or screw it up in some other way.

One could always bevel the edge themselves with sand paper or a handfile, but understandably, most people would not feel comfortable doing this and there could be concerns of electrostatic discharge damage from the friction. If you can brave the chances of plugging the cartridge in just once and leave it in there for the rest of time then the issue becomes somewhat moot.

Personally I leave my Everdrive cartridges inserted and don't generally remove them when I'm done playing as I feel the insertion/removal cycle commits more wear and tear on the connector than just leaving the thing in. I would also expect a $300+ luxury product to have the consideration of a beveled card edge, nonetheless.


Yeah to be honest I do the same with my Everdrives, I do disconnect the top loaders once every 2 weeks for dusting, but my N8 lives in the AVS. Thanks for the warning, I'll try and minimise the removal of the cart from the system. You would certainly think a luxury product such as this would have that consideration as you say - if a new board is made, you would also expect the offer of a replacement to be shipped tax free to older customers, I bet that won't happen though. Personally I'm done with Terra Onion even if they make a FPGA PS1 or Saturn, I've never know such aggravation.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm 



Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 188
Great discussion of the beveling issue in last night's Retro Roundtable:

https://youtu.be/DoiPvB-AP-4?t=4888


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm 



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 218
Location: The Netherlands
Controversy about a terraonion product? Who would have thought! :roll:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:13 pm 



Joined: 07 Apr 2016
Posts: 1317
Will the Mega SD ever be compatible with all-in-one units like the Sega CDX, Victor Wondermega and JVC X'Eye?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm 



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 118
GeneraLight wrote:
Will the Mega SD ever be compatible with all-in-one units like the Sega CDX, Victor Wondermega and JVC X'Eye?


Personally I would just buy repros with one of those. Much cheaper and more authentic with the very small library of good games.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm 



Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 67
Location: Maryland
Just got mine today, can't wait to try it out!

I thought I had read something about being able to pause Master System games by using start on the controller, but I don't see it in the manual. Anyone try yet?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
RottenToTheGore wrote:
Just got mine today, can't wait to try it out!

I thought I had read something about being able to pause Master System games by using start on the controller, but I don't see it in the manual. Anyone try yet?


Not the start button, there is a button on the side of the cartridge which you can press to pause and un pause the SMS games, the make it somewhat authentic to original hardware - nothing ground breaking, the MegaEverdrive has had this feature for ages. Personally I’m not that much of a stickler, and wouldn’t have minded just been able to use the good old start button on the controller :roll:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 222
Location: Ohio,USA
Flashman wrote:
RottenToTheGore wrote:
Just got mine today, can't wait to try it out!

I thought I had read something about being able to pause Master System games by using start on the controller, but I don't see it in the manual. Anyone try yet?


Not the start button, there is a button on the side of the cartridge which you can press to pause and un pause the SMS games, the make it somewhat authentic to original hardware - nothing ground breaking, the MegaEverdrive has had this feature for ages. Personally I’m not that much of a stickler, and wouldn’t have minded just been able to use the good old start button on the controller :roll:



That's not a feature for authenticity. It's a limitation of how the registers work with the Genesis.

GeneraLight wrote:
Will the Mega SD ever be compatible with all-in-one units like the Sega CDX, Victor Wondermega and JVC X'Eye?

No. The bus lines cause issues. neodev and I both looked into it. He from the software and I from the hardware. The only way would be to physically disconnect the address lines which would be an invasive mod to those systems. It is technically possible to do that, but there is no good reason to do it. If anyone asked me to do it, I would happily decline.
_________________
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

Website: https://www.mobiusstriptechnologies.com/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Location: Southtown
Package is here!

Been reading a little bit backwards in the thread to bone up on some much needed information. I was saddened to learn about the issue with the edge of the board within the Mega SD. I'd hoped something like that would have been dealt with before TO went to the final design. It sounds like they cut corners, disappointing. Ah well, not like I planned on removing the cart often anyway. I EVENTUALLY planned on using a dual Mega Drive set-up. The first Mega Drive would use the Mega SD set-up while the 2nd one will use the Mega Ever Drive plus 32X. However, I wasn't planning on doing that for a while, wanted to wait until more money comes in. Now I must factor in a sacrifice in order to move-up my time table.

Don't get me wrong though, based off everything else I heard about the Mega SD I'm a fan. I haven't tried mine yet, just setting up the folders for now but on paper I prefer this to Krikzz Mega ED (although I love Krikzz product too) for the Sega CD aspect alone. Question, I'd like the games to load fast as possible. What should I be looking for in terms of features on these SD cards? Like what feature would make games load faster? Is it, the higher the TF class is the faster the loading? Would more gigs also lead to faster load times?
_________________
SHOWTIME SYNERGY!!

Sega Mega Drive's Master System Mode


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 222
Location: Ohio,USA
They paid for beveling on the carts. Right now there has been no response from the factory in regards to what happened. If people want to be upset that carts aren't bevelled that's totally fine, but stop perpetuating a lie as truth. It was not an "intentional cost cutting measure." The early carts had the beveled edge, it's the factory that screwed up. Had Rene's article not just released, it's doubtful anyone would have noticed and caused this uproar.

The important part is that Rene's article has given people an idea of what to be on the lookout for and brought to light a mistake that needs to be addressed. TerraOnion already reached out to the factory for an investigation and to verify that the bevel will be correct on all carts going forward, since it was already being paid for anyway.
_________________
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

Website: https://www.mobiusstriptechnologies.com/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 178
Location: Burlington, Vermont, USA
Mobiusstriptech wrote:
it's the factory that screwed up. Had Rene's article not just released, it's doubtful anyone would have noticed and caused this uproar.

I'm not upset about the lack of a bevel. Disappointed? Yes. In an uproar? No. Mistakes happen.

That said, I am upset about Terraonion's continued abysmally quality control and horrible communication with their customers.
_________________
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Location: Southtown
Mobiusstriptech wrote:
They paid for beveling on the carts. Right now there has been no response from the factory in regards to what happened. If people want to be upset that carts aren't bevelled that's totally fine, but stop perpetuating a lie as truth. It was not an "intentional cost cutting measure." The early carts had the beveled edge, it's the factory that screwed up. Had Rene's article not just released, it's doubtful anyone would have noticed and caused this uproar.

The important part is that Rene's article has given people an idea of what to be on the lookout for and brought to light a mistake that needs to be addressed. TerraOnion already reached out to the factory for an investigation and to verify that the bevel will be correct on all carts going forward, since it was already being paid for anyway.

Perpetuating a lie not sure if that's what some people did here... I wasn't aware TO paid for the bevel but did not receive it on the initial shipments, by extension, us the consumer suffer too. Not a deal breaker and the device is still quality overall but we paid a lot to for this item only to discover an issue like this, it's annoying. Again wouldn't change my purchase for anything but I wish TO did more to avoid this. If TO hasn't done so already, it might be helpful to put a disclaimer about the lack of beveling on their website for legacy costumers awaiting their shipment.
_________________
SHOWTIME SYNERGY!!

Sega Mega Drive's Master System Mode


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 958
you know you can just cut the bevel by hand, use a hand file or if you're feeling adventurous a belt sander or bench grinder works a treat

the grinder cuts *really* fast so don't try that the first time unless you're experienced cutting soft materials on them


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:49 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Location: Southtown
maxtherabbit wrote:
you know you can just cut the bevel by hand, use a hand file or if you're feeling adventurous a belt sander or bench grinder works a treat

the grinder cuts *really* fast so don't try that the first time unless you're experienced cutting soft materials on them

I am not. Perhaps I'll seek out a video of someone doing it and give it a shot

Say, what type of SD card would you recommend? A class 10 perhaps? I'm storing BIG libraries too so 200 GB is default for me. I'm just wondering if there are certain SD cards that will get the games to load as fast as possible.
_________________
SHOWTIME SYNERGY!!

Sega Mega Drive's Master System Mode


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 958
Rock Man wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:
you know you can just cut the bevel by hand, use a hand file or if you're feeling adventurous a belt sander or bench grinder works a treat

the grinder cuts *really* fast so don't try that the first time unless you're experienced cutting soft materials on them

I am not. Perhaps I'll seek out a video of someone doing it and give it a shot

Say, what type of SD card would you recommend? A class 10 perhaps? I'm storing BIG libraries too so 200 GB is default for me. I'm just wondering if there are certain SD cards that will get the games to load as fast as possible.

no idea I just use whatever is lying around for my flash carts :oops:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Location: Southtown
maxtherabbit wrote:
Rock Man wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:
you know you can just cut the bevel by hand, use a hand file or if you're feeling adventurous a belt sander or bench grinder works a treat

the grinder cuts *really* fast so don't try that the first time unless you're experienced cutting soft materials on them

I am not. Perhaps I'll seek out a video of someone doing it and give it a shot

Say, what type of SD card would you recommend? A class 10 perhaps? I'm storing BIG libraries too so 200 GB is default for me. I'm just wondering if there are certain SD cards that will get the games to load as fast as possible.

no idea I just use whatever is lying around for my flash carts :oops:

lol so basically what I have been doing for the Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO and other systems. Using whatever SD card is lying around the house.

You good dude. :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
_________________
SHOWTIME SYNERGY!!

Sega Mega Drive's Master System Mode


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 am 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
Rock Man wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote:
They paid for beveling on the carts. Right now there has been no response from the factory in regards to what happened. If people want to be upset that carts aren't bevelled that's totally fine, but stop perpetuating a lie as truth. It was not an "intentional cost cutting measure." The early carts had the beveled edge, it's the factory that screwed up. Had Rene's article not just released, it's doubtful anyone would have noticed and caused this uproar.

The important part is that Rene's article has given people an idea of what to be on the lookout for and brought to light a mistake that needs to be addressed. TerraOnion already reached out to the factory for an investigation and to verify that the bevel will be correct on all carts going forward, since it was already being paid for anyway.

Perpetuating a lie not sure if that's what some people did here... I wasn't aware TO paid for the bevel but did not receive it on the initial shipments, by extension, us the consumer suffer too. Not a deal breaker and the device is still quality overall but we paid a lot to for this item only to discover an issue like this, it's annoying. Again wouldn't change my purchase for anything but I wish TO did more to avoid this. If TO hasn't done so already, it might be helpful to put a disclaimer about the lack of beveling on their website for legacy costumers awaiting their shipment.


I'm sure TO did pay for it and the factory did screw up, with respect though, it is us early adopters who are going to pay for this mistake not TO - I'm not especially worried as the cart will just sit in my Mega SG, only coming out for firmware updates (I usually remove my top loader flash carts for dusting, but will "dust around" the Mega SD). However, when paying top $ for a luxury flash cart you expect everything to be right - and under certain conditions I expect there will be some people who experience failure with this early run of Mega SD's within a year or so.

I notice in my dealings with TO so far they are very quick to point the blame at everything but themselves - the huge delay in shipping pre-orders was down to customs in Andorra, not TO moving to Andorra without properly researching the countries' capacity to ship a large quantity of product. The 25% tax on import to all EU countries was down to their policy on imports, not TO moving to Andorra in a pretty cloak and dagger fashion, leaving many with the impression the Mega SD would be shipped tax free from Spain. Now the early run of carts hasn't been made to the required specifications, again its a mistake at the factory, no mention that for such an expensive item TO should probably have checked and rechecked with the factory before the items went into production, and maybe rejected the consignment when it became clear a mistake had been made, rather than go ahead and ship it out to customers.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2017
Posts: 163
Mobiusstriptech wrote:
They paid for beveling on the carts. Right now there has been no response from the factory in regards to what happened. If people want to be upset that carts aren't bevelled that's totally fine, but stop perpetuating a lie as truth. It was not an "intentional cost cutting measure." The early carts had the beveled edge, it's the factory that screwed up.


In my earlier statement I only wrote that a lack of beveling is found on bootlegs and cheap Chinese fare as a penny pinching measure, which it is. I never wrote that this was a deliberate decision on TerraOnion's part. Although if you want to get down to it, FirebrandX did go on record in a Tweet that he had forewarned there'd be fuss over this and TerraOnion proceeded anyway, which is about par for the course for their track record. Why not reject the initial receipt of goods and demand a do-over from the factory instead of passing this fault on to the consumer?

I really do sympathize with anyone that puts out a product because I recognize there are a billion obstacles that get in the way so I don't want this to come off as waving around a pitchfork and a torch on my end. The game systems involved are more robust than people give them credit for and it's not the end of the world.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 pm 



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 110
Bratwurst wrote:

In my earlier statement I only wrote that a lack of beveling is found on bootlegs and cheap Chinese fare as a penny pinching measure, which it is. I never wrote that this was a deliberate decision on TerraOnion's part. Although if you want to get down to it, FirebrandX did go on record in a Tweet that he had forewarned there'd be fuss over this and TerraOnion proceeded anyway, which is about par for the course for their track record. Why not reject the initial receipt of goods and demand a do-over from the factory instead of passing this fault on to the consumer?





Yes, FBX did forewarn us about it...2 days AFTER Rene's article came out. FBX has even said as much. The article was published on Sept 9th and on the 11th FBX mentioned it to us.

It's not like we noticed this months ago and went ahead and shipped them anyways. Once it was brought to our attention, we contacted the factory to find out what happened. Our initial batch of brown PCBs had a bevel, where as the blue ones didn't, yet we never requested to have the bevel changed. We are still waiting on a concrete answer as we have been getting the runaround.

Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.
_________________
Todd of Terraonion


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
broken wrote:
Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.


Not a massive comfort to those who have already shelled out and now have something substandard to what will be produced in the future. Will TO be offering to replace our Mega SD boards, and cover the cost of shipping them? My guess is nope and nope.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:24 pm 



Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 664
Flashman wrote:
broken wrote:
Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.


Not a massive comfort to those who have already shelled out and now have something substandard to what will be produced in the future. Will TO be offering to replace our Mega SD boards, and cover the cost of shipping them? My guess is nope and nope.



That guess is right for obvious reasons. But would you think it preferable for them to keep producing all future carts with this issue, in order to avoid upsetting this product's generous "early backers" (and not people who simply wanted this flash cart as soon as possible and couldn't be bothered to wait it out given TO's record)?

I'm far from a TO fan, but I would still not hold this against them and would give them the benefit of the doubt if indeed they only found out about it after the carts had been shipped. At most they could issue a symbolic small percentage refund to all early buyers to compensate for this problem, but I wouldn't think it outrageous if they didn't. Either way, fixing this for future runs should be a given.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1545
fernan1234 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
broken wrote:
Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.


Not a massive comfort to those who have already shelled out and now have something substandard to what will be produced in the future. Will TO be offering to replace our Mega SD boards, and cover the cost of shipping them? My guess is nope and nope.



That guess is right for obvious reasons. But would you think it preferable for them to keep producing all future carts with this issue, in order to avoid upsetting this product's generous "early backers" (and not people who simply wanted this flash cart as soon as possible and couldn't be bothered to wait it out given TO's record)?

I'm far from a TO fan, but I would still not hold this against them and would give them the benefit of the doubt if indeed they only found out about it after the carts had been shipped. At most they could issue a symbolic small percentage refund to all early buyers to compensate for this problem, but I wouldn't think it outrageous if they didn't. Either way, fixing this for future runs should be a given.

How difficult or destructive would it be to develop a jig and use a grinder add a bevel to the edge connector?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
fernan1234 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
broken wrote:
Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.


Not a massive comfort to those who have already shelled out and now have something substandard to what will be produced in the future. Will TO be offering to replace our Mega SD boards, and cover the cost of shipping them? My guess is nope and nope.



That guess is right for obvious reasons. But would you think it preferable for them to keep producing all future carts with this issue, in order to avoid upsetting this product's generous "early backers" (and not people who simply wanted this flash cart as soon as possible and couldn't be bothered to wait it out given TO's record)?

I'm far from a TO fan, but I would still not hold this against them and would give them the benefit of the doubt if indeed they only found out about it after the carts had been shipped. At most they could issue a symbolic small percentage refund to all early buyers to compensate for this problem, but I wouldn't think it outrageous if they didn't. Either way, fixing this for future runs should be a given.


No, don’t get me wrong I’ve absolutely no objection to that, and in truth my question was rhetorical. I actually got caught up in all the hype on YouTube and while I did do some research on TO, obviously not enough as I knew nothing of their record. I don’t see myself as a “generous early backer” at all rather than someone who liked the look of the Mega SD and ordered it. This whole situation is kind of a bummer for those people who did buy early though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 pm 



Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 664
Flashman wrote:

No, don’t get me wrong I’ve absolutely no objection to that, and in truth my question was rhetorical. I actually got caught up in all the hype on YouTube and while I did do some research on TO, obviously not enough as I knew nothing of their record. I don’t see myself as a “generous early backer” at all rather than someone who liked the look of the Mega SD and ordered it. This whole situation is kind of a bummer for those people who did buy early though.


To be fair, if you ordered on a date after they found out about it, you're within plenty of right to be upset and expect some kind of meaningful response.

I'd just assume that as soon as they found out about a production defect they 1) created an info page or forum post with an objective assessment of the issue, 2) updated the order page with a warning and a link to the info page/post, 3) emailed everyone with a standing unshipped order with the same notice, giving the option to cancel the order or proceed with shipment, with the latter being the default in case of no reply within a reasonable time to avoid unwanted delays (maybe a week).

If they didn't do that, well then...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 45
fernan1234 wrote:
Flashman wrote:

No, don’t get me wrong I’ve absolutely no objection to that, and in truth my question was rhetorical. I actually got caught up in all the hype on YouTube and while I did do some research on TO, obviously not enough as I knew nothing of their record. I don’t see myself as a “generous early backer” at all rather than someone who liked the look of the Mega SD and ordered it. This whole situation is kind of a bummer for those people who did buy early though.


To be fair, if you ordered on a date after they found out about it, you're within plenty of right to be upset and expect some kind of meaningful response.

I'd just assume that as soon as they found out about a production defect they 1) created an info page or forum post with an objective assessment of the issue, 2) updated the order page with a warning and a link to the info page/post, 3) emailed everyone with a standing unshipped order with the same notice, giving the option to cancel the order or proceed with shipment, with the latter being the default in case of no reply within a reasonable time to avoid unwanted delays (maybe a week).

If they didn't do that, well then...


I got my pre-order in pretty early (though was one of the last to receive the item, but I’m prepared to accept that was just bad luck with customs) so I doubt I fall in that category. However I don’t think anyone at all got such an offer and last time I checked there was no mention at all of this on the TO forum, though I bet someone has started a thread by now.

On the TO forum we all noticed once you’d been “mean” AKA asked an inconvenient question, you never got a response from admin ever again :wink:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:09 pm 



Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 641
I'd be all over this thing except for the lack of a plug for MS 3D glasses...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2016
Posts: 58
Location: United Kingdom
This bevelling issue is disappointing, to be honest I was always aware of this on cartridge connectors and noticed the mega SD was somewhat off out of the box compared to normal carts. To be fair though it certainly inserts far better than a lot of those repro carts or ‘official’ re-releases doing the rounds. I’m surprised none of the reviewers on you tube picked this up but as I said it’s not as bad as some carts I’ve seen and the product overall is very impressive. I do wish the cart had a nice plastic case and rather than cardboard though.

How responsive is TO’s support via email, I contacted them last week about my scuffed shell
and not had a response so far :(


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm 



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 110
Larrs888 wrote:

How responsive is TO’s support via email, I contacted them last week about my scuffed shell
and not had a response so far :(



Sorry about the delay answering your email. We get a lot of email everyday and I just haven't had a chance to respond to yours yet. Will try to within the next 24 hours.
_________________
Todd of Terraonion


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2016
Posts: 58
Location: United Kingdom
broken wrote:
Larrs888 wrote:

How responsive is TO’s support via email, I contacted them last week about my scuffed shell
and not had a response so far :(



Sorry about the delay answering your email. We get a lot of email everyday and I just haven't had a chance to respond to yours yet. Will try to within the next 24 hours.


Many thanks for letting me know Todd. I know you guys are a small company and are very busy, any support would be appreciated.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mega SD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Location: Southtown
Do they have the feature that let's you add game art working yet? I would like to view the box art for Sonic & Knuckles and Final Fight CD while I'm scrolling through my library. If someone has the artwork already set-up and available for download, please point me to their site I owe them a debt of gratitude.

BTW there any chance this thing might let you play something like Sonic Mania?
_________________
SHOWTIME SYNERGY!!

Sega Mega Drive's Master System Mode


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Extrems, Google [Bot], Konsolkongen, Unseen and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group