Mega SD

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
EnragedWhale

Re: Mega SD

Post by EnragedWhale »

wrong thread :roll:
Last edited by EnragedWhale on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

broken wrote:
Bratwurst wrote:
In my earlier statement I only wrote that a lack of beveling is found on bootlegs and cheap Chinese fare as a penny pinching measure, which it is. I never wrote that this was a deliberate decision on TerraOnion's part. Although if you want to get down to it, FirebrandX did go on record in a Tweet that he had forewarned there'd be fuss over this and TerraOnion proceeded anyway, which is about par for the course for their track record. Why not reject the initial receipt of goods and demand a do-over from the factory instead of passing this fault on to the consumer?

Yes, FBX did forewarn us about it...2 days AFTER Rene's article came out. FBX has even said as much. The article was published on Sept 9th and on the 11th FBX mentioned it to us.

It's not like we noticed this months ago and went ahead and shipped them anyways. Once it was brought to our attention, we contacted the factory to find out what happened. Our initial batch of brown PCBs had a bevel, where as the blue ones didn't, yet we never requested to have the bevel changed. We are still waiting on a concrete answer as we have been getting the runaround.

Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.
The fact that someone as reputable and reliable as FBX got roped into the conman camp is disappointing. Now he's trumpeting the same ole TerraOnion excuses. Of course it's never THEIR fault, of course of course. That sunny Andorra weather must be nice eh guys?
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

Is anyone else having a problem with the Master system section of the Mega SD?
Specifically with pairing issues regarding Retrobit's Genesis pad.

Whenever i play a Master system game and need to go back to the main menu, the pad disconnects and refuses to be paired again...until you leave the system off for awhile.
I've tried everything.

Strangely the Mega SD works fine with wired pads.

I dont understand the problem because Retrobit pad works perfectly in the Sega CD and Genesis section.
I can enter in and exit out on a whim.
Reset, power off and on and the SD responds like a Cart.
it290

Post by it290 »

So my stolen Mega SD finally showed up on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Terraonion-Meg ... dfa5fefc79

If you happen to be bidding on this by any chance, please cancel your bid. The seller started the auction at $60 and if you look at their listings it’s just a bunch of random likely stolen shit. I’m working with the police and eBay to shut them down.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Does the Mega SD show LEDs when it plays an SMS game? It's not likely to be the issue, but retrousb's wireless controller had connection issues when the LEDs on their Xmas 2017 game lit up.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

tusecsy wrote:
broken wrote:
Bratwurst wrote:
In my earlier statement I only wrote that a lack of beveling is found on bootlegs and cheap Chinese fare as a penny pinching measure, which it is. I never wrote that this was a deliberate decision on TerraOnion's part. Although if you want to get down to it, FirebrandX did go on record in a Tweet that he had forewarned there'd be fuss over this and TerraOnion proceeded anyway, which is about par for the course for their track record. Why not reject the initial receipt of goods and demand a do-over from the factory instead of passing this fault on to the consumer?

Yes, FBX did forewarn us about it...2 days AFTER Rene's article came out. FBX has even said as much. The article was published on Sept 9th and on the 11th FBX mentioned it to us.

It's not like we noticed this months ago and went ahead and shipped them anyways. Once it was brought to our attention, we contacted the factory to find out what happened. Our initial batch of brown PCBs had a bevel, where as the blue ones didn't, yet we never requested to have the bevel changed. We are still waiting on a concrete answer as we have been getting the runaround.

Future runs of the MegaSD will have the correct bevel.
The fact that someone as reputable and reliable as FBX got roped into the conman camp is disappointing. Now he's trumpeting the same ole TerraOnion excuses. Of course it's never THEIR fault, of course of course. That sunny Andorra weather must be nice eh guys?
Yup - when I tried to ask about this issue all I got was "Why are you asking such nasty questions, don't you know we had to rush to Andorra at short notice and I've not had any proper running water?!" Don't give a shit to be right honest mate, all I want is the product I paid for, the fact you've had to run from the accountant means nothing to me :lol: To be fair the mega SD has been fine so far touch wood, I've just been "careful" with it - i.e. not taken it out of the system unless unavoidable, but its not really a precaution you should have to take.
Rock Man wrote:Do they have the feature that let's you add game art working yet? I would like to view the box art for Sonic & Knuckles and Final Fight CD while I'm scrolling through my library. If someone has the artwork already set-up and available for download, please point me to their site I owe them a debt of gratitude.

BTW there any chance this thing might let you play something like Sonic Mania?
Here's a video explaining the process and the download link to the software is in the description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Bp1DNn8Rw

Personally after scanning my SD card with it I had mixed results - I think it pretty much got all the Sega CD US ROM's but none of the EU or JAPAN ones. Also it doesn't seem to have worked at all for the Genesis. Might be something to do with the ROM's I'm using (all from Emuparadise, individually downloaded, rather than packs) but I'm not going to dick around changing them out, I can live without this feature working to be honest.
DJ Kevgeez

Post by DJ Kevgeez »

BrianC wrote:Does the Mega SD show LEDs when it plays an SMS game? It's not likely to be the issue, but retrousb's wireless controller had connection issues when the LEDs on their Xmas 2017 game lit up.
Yes the LEDs are on during play.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

it290 wrote:So my stolen Mega SD finally showed up on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Terraonion-Meg ... dfa5fefc79

If you happen to be bidding on this by any chance, please cancel your bid. The seller started the auction at $60 and if you look at their listings it’s just a bunch of random likely stolen shit. I’m working with the police and eBay to shut them down.
How do you know it's yours? If you're sure, I'd be happy to bid like $10k and not pay to make them hang on until you can get the cops to show up.
it290

Post by it290 »

Ah, please don't worry about it man. Unfortunately it's not so simple as 'get the cops to show up'—I have to establish beyond a doubt that there's a crime going on before they'll get involved at that level.

I have ample reasons to believe it's the same one:

• This is the first MegaSD to be listed on eBay (at least as far as my saved search tells me)
• It's being sold from Chicago which is where I live
• TO has no record of the serial number being registered
• It was initially listed for a price far below market value ($61)
• The product description is for Adidas sneakers, of all things, showing the seller has no idea what they're selling.
• The product listing is for a 'Mega drive/mega cd fpga cart' — as a US seller, if they were knowledgable they'd at least put 'Genesis' in the listing somewhere
• It's listed as 'New-open box return,' which, obviously, no one is buying these at retail and returning them
• The seller has a ton of listings for random-ass 'New' merchandise, including but not limited to a bunch of cameras and things like that

I'm not sure how many individuals are involved here but I honestly think this may be multiple porch pirates+ebay fence.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Tried my MegaSD out today and I'm getting a constant audio buzz when using the cart, a hum like a ground loop interference. Quiet enough that you could miss it if you were only using TV speakers but I have a nice pair of floorstanders in the new game room.

The sound goes away if I switch to my Mega Everdrive or an original cart. Changing SD cards has no effect. Removing or adding 32x has no effect, disconnecting the MegaCD has no effect.

I saw on Terraonions forum another user had a similar problem and they blamed the mod work on the console so I guess I'm screwed. It's a Japanese MD1, switchless region free, RGB mypass and M1 Mini Mega.

Disappointing :(

EDIT - Turns out the issue was the PSU, the Mega SD must draw a lot more power than a regular flashcart and this was stressing things. Switching to a different PSU with more amps solved it.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page