Extron Crosspoint 450 32x16 - Removing/Replacing an PSU

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
amerika

Extron Crosspoint 450 32x16 - Removing/Replacing an PSU

Post by amerika »

Hello!

I recently acquired an Extron Crosspoint 450 32x16 to replace my current Crosspoint 300 16x16 and 8x4 (daisy chained). However, the primary PSU appears to be bad as it makes a clicking noise in an attempt to pass off to the secondary supply and it shows a red LED for primary and a green for secondary.

I did a search on the forum and I didn't find anybody who had ran into this here yet so I figured I'd make a new post. I did find a nice page on how to make switching consoles much nicer looking though :)

So, my question is fairly easy. What is my best option? I have opened it up and simply tried to disconnect the primary power supply to see if the unit will start using the secondary one. This does not seem to be the case. I have thought about swapping the PSU's around to see if I can get around the issue. However, I'm not comfortable with that even if it works as I'd like to get the bad PSU out. Can I either remove the primary PSU and put the secondary one in its place with no issue or do you guys know of a solid PSU replacement option? I haven't done this yet as I don't want to pass some unknown point of no return and I'd prefer not to spend a bunch of time ungunking the 450 due to that soft white epoxy stuff they put on everything.

Thank you!
tzakiel

Re: Extron Crosspoint 450 32x16 - Removing/Replacing an PSU

Post by tzakiel »

I’m also interested, as I plan to get into extron equipment soon.