PC Engine Duo-R THS7316 RGB Amp

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
grieverheart

PC Engine Duo-R THS7316 RGB Amp

Post by grieverheart »

I have a PC Engine Duo-R I'd like to RGB mod. I could have gotten a PCB but I thought it would be a nice project to make a circuit myself. I have some basic knowledge of electronics but not enough, so I thought I could just use the RGB amp suggested here. If I look here, though, the circuit looks a bit different, with pull-up resistors, caps on both input and output, as well as an additional 22uF in parallel to the 0.1uF. My electronics knowledge is not enough to understand the purpose of these additional components. Are these indeed essential or could I solder the R, G, and B from the HUC6260 directly to the amp suggested by RetroRGB?
the Goat

Re: PC Engine Duo-R THS7316 RGB Amp

Post by the Goat »

You should use a prebuilt PCB.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
buttersoft

Re: PC Engine Duo-R THS7316 RGB Amp

Post by buttersoft »

IMO with the THS amps, most of the components in the prebuilt amps or the test circuits in the datasheets make no visible difference on my 900TVL BVM. The original PCE needs the 0.1uF input caps, and output resistors of about 75R-100R to attenuate things, and that's about it. Not sure about your DUO model.

It's probably best to take your time and breadboard out a few designs to test various configurations for yourself.