Need advice please on cable/converter for OSSC HDMI output

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Midge_the_Mouse

Need advice please on cable/converter for OSSC HDMI output

Post by Midge_the_Mouse »

I have have a OSSC 1.6 i want to use HDMI ouput (female) into Samsung SyncMaster monitor input on the back say (DVI-D IN)/(RGB IN 1 x 15-pin D-Sub) both females inputs
Can someone please point me in right direction for cable and converter(if needed?)
I'm going from output ATARI1040STE SCART STEREO lead into OSSC 1.6 output HDMI into (DVI-D IN )or (RGB IN 1 x 15-pin D-Sub)
If anybody can hook me up with the correct the resources and were to buy the best male to male cables i'd really appreciate it thanks
:D
Last edited by Midge_the_Mouse on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fudoh

Re: Need advice please on cable/converter for OSSC HDMI outp

Post by Fudoh »

straight HDMI to DVI-D cable. No converter needed. But since the monitor doesn't handle audio you want to set the Mini jack on the OSSC to act as an audio output instead of a 2nd input.
Midge_the_Mouse

Fudoh wrote:straight HDMI to DVI-D cable. No converter needed. But since the monitor doesn't handle audio you want to set the Mini jack on the OSSC to act as an audio output instead of a 2nd input.
Thank's
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

Midge_the_Mouse wrote:I'm going from output ATARI1040STE SCART STEREO lead into OSSC 1.6 output HDMI into (DVI-D IN )or (RGB IN 1 x 15-pin D-Sub)
What Fudoh said; but, if you intend to use component or VGA sources with the OSSC as well, you will need to route audio around the OSSC, directly to your speakers/AVR; and you will need to manually swap audio cables or change inputs on your AVR when you want to switch video sources on the OSSC.
Midge_the_Mouse

So i went out bought the correct cable HDMI to DVI-D but i'm getting zero signal ouput from the monitor
The cable is fine same with the monitor any ideas tips or suggestions what to do next please?
That's my monitor https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-p2250/
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Make sure your OSSC has the correct TX mode enabled
Midge_the_Mouse

Syntax wrote:Make sure your OSSC has the correct TX mode enabled
Full TX setup on or off making no difference am i still missing something?

Edit got it sussed now didn't have TX mode set to DVI mode i'm such a tool :oops: