shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:48 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Retro-bit's Sega controllers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:08 am 

I would try to disable the Mega-SD's in-game hooks (no pun intended), like in-game reset and in-game menu. After all it does affect the game's button layout, to this could very well be the cause.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 pm 

Fudoh wrote:
I would try to disable the Mega-SD's in-game hooks (no pun intended), like in-game reset and in-game menu. After all it does affect the game's button layout, to this could very well be the cause.

I was actually excited to give this a whirl, because it did make sense that it might've caused problems, sadly, that did not fix the issue. LOL! I even just tried all 5 of the Sega CD BIOS versions that I have and it didn't help either. I'd be curious to know if other people are having this issue. I wonder if it's something weird with my Genesis model and particular motherboard or something. Just tried the Sega CD version of Hook, NHL 94 and Batman Returns. In all of these, the C button behaves as start. What's really odd is that in NHL 94, while I'm playing, the C button will randomly function as it's supposed to and will shoot the puck... But, then at other random times, it will pause the game. I'm so confused. :?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:14 am 

Well it looks like this is a known issue with other people... Looks like Retro-Bit didn't fully test these that well with a Sega CD, which seems rather odd. What a bummer. I wouldn't have bought this line of controllers had I known they weren't properly functional. I'd imagine this could be remedied with some dongle updates, but maybe not. This reddit thread is 9 months old now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGAGENESIS/co ... ontroller/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:24 am 

Are you within your return window?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 am 

bigbadboaz wrote:
Are you within your return window?

I am not. They even sent me a replacement controller because I genuinely had no idea what was going on at first. They accidentally sent me a wireless Saturn pad instead of a Genesis one. I tried the Saturn pad with the Genesis dongle and it did the same thing, C button functioned as the Start button on Sega CD games. :?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:07 pm 

Quote:
I'm not speaking on behalf of our development team, but the PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 has always been an odd one for me. I do hope we get a good look at the console but there are some limiting factors to it, especially in terms of demand and cost.

*Fart noise
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 pm 

I got the wireless Saturn pad for the Switch about a week ago...hot damn, I think this thing might've practically retired my RAP V. I've never used a dpad this good - including my old Saturn one - and I've owned almost everything from the NES to the PS4. There wasn't even an adoption curve, almost right away I was getting further in the games I've been working on than normal. It was immediately noticeable that I was making quicker & more precise micrododges.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 am 

I've used Retrobits saturn controller for PC for a 100 hours of gameplay and it just suddenly stopped registering completely. Maybe the PCB connection came loose? I bought this thing like 4-6 months ago?

My first controller was the one for the Sega Saturn and the d-pad busted. I'm losing faith in this product.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm 

Retro-Bit wrote:
As for the issues on the Saturn for the 2.4 GHz. YES! We are aware that Bug!, Lemmings, Mortal Kombat II, and some versions of World Heroes Perfect have a desyncing issue. Yes, we are working on a fix but we will not have it ready just yet. As to what causes it... there seems to be some sort of desyncing forced on the controller (or in this case, the receiver) - this is just my knowledge from testing our stuff on various consoles. We hope to have a fix set up soon.

@Retro-Bit
This was two months ago. Where is our firmware fix? The BT controllers don't have these issues so it shouldn't be much effort for your dev(s) to fix it and post an update. Please don't leave this unresolved. Customers base future purchase decisions on past product support. This is important.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21