Extron Super Emotia GX hum bar

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brando1975

Extron Super Emotia GX hum bar

Post by Brando1975 »

I have a problem with my emotia GX, there is a bar that moves horizontally (hum bar loop?) is notorious only with some solid colors I do not know if it is normal or something happen. I change the monitor, plug the extron into another house socket, I connect it without the ground prong, change from component to s-video, composite, change the VGA cable and nothing.

Thanks!

gray117

Re: Extron Super Emotia GX hum bar

Post by gray117 »

What are you connecting, and how are you doing the connections? Is the same behaviour shown on multiple devices using different connection methods

My first suspicion would be a bit of noise/crosstalk somewhere in your cabling/connections.
My second would possibly be a recap of the emotia - there's not a lot else to them...
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The Emotia PSUs are dying - in case you're using an original one. There's a very nice replacement available, which doesn't cost a fortune and which should help with any POWER-RELATED issues. This could very well be one of those. Order ID of the PSU is GP50A13D-R1B - available from TME, Mouser, Digikey etc.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Every single time I've seen this kind of bar scrolling across the screen it's been due to the power supply. A newer or better quality replacement has been the solution every time.
Brando1975

Post by Brando1975 »

Thank you!! , my power supply is not original and is refurbished, I'll buy one right away, I'll tell you if it works when it arrives.
hbard

Post by hbard »

Fudoh wrote:The Emotia PSUs are dying - in case you're using an original one. There's a very nice replacement available, which doesn't cost a fortune and which should help with any POWER-RELATED issues. This could very well be one of those. Order ID of the PSU is GP50A13D-R1B - available from TME, Mouser, Digikey etc.
Edit: Had a question about "solarization", found it: here
Brando1975 wrote:Thank you!! , my power supply is not original and is refurbished, I'll buy one right away, I'll tell you if it works when it arrives.
I'm looking forward to seeing if this solves your issue.
Brando1975

Post by Brando1975 »

I got the power supply and it works perfectly! (I needed a new one anyway), unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.. I realized that by pressing the freeze button the scrolling bar disappears, any suggestion?

(I'm very impressed with the power supply, it does not heat up like the old one)

The scrolling bar is only visible with some solid colors, in these games you do not notice anything... It could be normal? like the solarization?

Brando1975

Post by Brando1975 »

:?:
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

it's not normal. But troubleshooting when going from external to internal failure sources gets complicated. Like starting with a recap of the unit.

But before you tackle that: did you try another power outlet? Do you have the Emotia running on the same circuit as your other equipment? Then maybe try a different one (or vice versa).
Brando1975

Post by Brando1975 »

Try everything, connect the tv, another monitor, the emotia to another circuit, I made combinations of all kinds, could it be a kind of interference produced by my mini mac through the vga cable? (probe 2 mac mini, and 2 vga cables, I do not have another source to test), when doing all this tests the scrolling bar decreased its thickness, and when I press the freeze button on the emotia the scrolling bar disappears..

Brando1975

Post by Brando1975 »

I've had 3 Extron Emotia in the last 4 years, a Super Emotia and 2 Emotia GX all had some kind of weird problems, I hope to find one working 100% the next time.