Adding s-video input via the Jungle IC?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BazookaBen

Adding s-video input via the Jungle IC?

Post by BazookaBen »

So my neighbor has a Sony kv-13fs100 he's giving away. It's one of the tiny Trinitrons that only have composite and component.

I was thinking the circuitry probably has the lines for s-video, but getting the firmware to switch to it would be the hard part. But apparently someone on AVSforum added s-video to their Samsung by making sure sync also went to the composite input. And it automatically gives the s-video signal priority over the composite, so there was no need to tinker in the service menu:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/64-direc ... tempt.html

So, do any of you have a clue if this would work on a later model Sony set that is missing s-video?
maxtherabbit

Re: Adding s-video input via the Jungle IC?

Post by maxtherabbit »

no idea - but if you had the part number for the jungle IC the datasheet might describe any automatic signal priority, if there is such
Pikkon

Re: Adding s-video input via the Jungle IC?

Post by Pikkon »

There might be a way to get it working,maybe someone else can chime in but here is my best guess.
On the KV-24FS100 it's pretty much the same as the KV-13FS100 but it has s-video.

If you look in the service manual you will find DEVICE "FEATURE"
ID1 controls the video inputs,yours is set to 7 and the 24FS100 is set to 23,you can change it easy in the service menu.

I would give it a try and see if another video input comes up,still not sure if the s-video will still work if you add it but just grab the service manual for the 24fs100 and see for yourself.