Options for RGB switchers and RGB splitters

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Classicgamer

Options for RGB switchers and RGB splitters

Post by Classicgamer »

Do any of you know of any decent (relatively) low cost RGB switchers?

I am looking to attach multiple consoles and PCs to a monitor with one RGB port. I am also looking for a vga splitter to output Groovymame to two 15khz monitors (one horizontal, one vertical).

I assume nobody makes a good RGB switch with a mix of scart, BNC and DB15 ports as that might actually help someone but just in case.... has anyone got a recommendation for me?

A second best would be a RGBHV / RGBS BNC switcher.
maxtherabbit

Re: Options for RGB switchers and RGB splitters

Post by maxtherabbit »

Classicgamer wrote:Do any of you know of any decent (relatively) low cost RGB switchers?

I am looking to attach multiple consoles and PCs to a monitor with one RGB port. I am also looking for a vga splitter to output Groovymame to two 15khz monitors (one horizontal, one vertical).

I assume nobody makes a good RGB switch with a mix of scart, BNC and DB15 ports as that might actually help someone but just in case.... has anyone got a recommendation for me?

A second best would be a RGBHV / RGBS BNC switcher.
Extron

MVX VGA series is what I recommend - you can get a 8x4 matrix in a single rack unit and use VGA to BNC pigtails for RGBHV, RGBS or component

they also have RGBHV switchers (which also support RGBS and component) with up to 6 BNC inputs and a single BNC output that fit into a single rack unit

if you really want to go balls to the wall, the Extron Crosspoint can do up to like 16x16 or something crazy with BNC in and out (also RGBHV, RGBS or component) but they are huge

all of their products are top quality and come around cheap on the secondary market, mostly ebay
Classicgamer

Re: Options for RGB switchers and RGB splitters

Post by Classicgamer »

Thanks.

You just reminded me that I bought an Extron MPS for this a while ago but never used it. I completely forgot about it. It was still in the box it was sent in....

This is a sign that I buy too many things...

I'm going to look for an MPX as BNC in is more useful to me. The Extron device I have use db15 in and out.