In case anyone is wondering what you get for $35 these days:

donluca

Re: Pics of my new Genesis 156 in 1 mini arcade

Post by donluca »

Cute! Do you have a link for buying it?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I'm kindof having a hard time thinking of uses for such a thing. Honestly i'd probably just give up on gaming if i had to use something like this. Do you use this to decorate some empty piece of shelf in a gameroom or what?
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

I'm not sure how I'll use it yet as my 3-year old son grabs it out of my hand every time I try to play. He's taken a liking to Echo the Dolphin and cries every time I try to take it back.

I did manage to have a quick game of Super Street Fighter and it's actually possible to play fairly well. After a few minutes I was able to pull off Dragon punches with relative ease. It comes with a composite video cable to hook it up to a TV but I doubt anyone would use it as their main way to play.

If you have kids, it will definately keep them occupied in the car. It uses a phone-style rechargeable battery which seems to last a good few hours.

It is a lot better than I expected out of a $35 Chinese product. The screen looks good. The joystick clicks (kinda), none of that analog stick bs that they put on the Neo Geo mini. It's definately a novelty item though and won't appeal to everyone.

Most people will know if it for them as soon as they look at it. Your first reaction is probably correct.
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

donluca wrote:Cute! Do you have a link for buying it?
They are all over eBay and aliexpress. If you search for "156 in 1 mini arcade" they won't be hard to find.

I bought mine off eBay where I managed to find an American seller with a few. I don't like buying direct from China.