OSSC ebay sellers?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Midge_the_Mouse

OSSC ebay sellers?

Post by Midge_the_Mouse »

Has anybody here had good or bad eBay purchases ?
I see lot's sellers from China but i'm cautious unless someone can recommend me a specific seller
I know videogameperfection.com has main units but no remote/remote overlays or psu in stock
AndehX

Re: OSSC ebay sellers?

Post by AndehX »

Well since they're charging pretty much the same as one from videogameperfection.com I would assume they're assembled using the same off-the-shelf parts. Usually chinese stuff is cheaper because it's built using cheaper parts. If they're available, give one a shot. If it turns out to be a dud, you're covered by ebay.
Midge_the_Mouse

Can i use the OSSC without the remote or is it really needed?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

you REALLY want one.

The L336 remote is available on ebay. You just have to check where it's shipping from and factor in the time it might need to arrive.
Midge_the_Mouse

Fudoh wrote:you REALLY want one.
I can get the main unit that's fine
Remote is now sorted thanks
This is psu i use for the XRGB and works fine https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAW-0502000-Su ... W0NHO9CQFQ all seems to be the same spec with center pin + 5 volts out at 2.5A My understanding is the OSSC will only draw what it needs in terms of amps?
The only thing i'm unsure is psu pin size OSSC to XRGB?
Last edited by Midge_the_Mouse on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

type REMOTE L336 on ebay. Plenty available. You just have to program it to the OSSC once you get it. Takes a few minutes. Details are available on the wiki.

And yes, the PSU is no problem. 5V, 1+A, center positive.
Harrumph

Post by Harrumph »

Megari at VGP forums bought a unit to test. Quality is apparently sub-par.
https://www.videogameperfection.com/for ... post-25426

Just get one from VGP, you will be thankful if something needs to be fixed under warranty.
Also, chinese sellers simply ripped off the manual/start-guide - very poor form which shouldn't be supported in my opinion.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Framemeister uses a small PSU connector and won't fit the OSSC.
Midge_the_Mouse

Fudoh wrote:Framemeister uses a small PSU connector and won't fit the OSSC.
Okay can you recommend please a suitable psu something from eBay or else ware?
Makinx

Post by Makinx »

These will work:

£2.80 ships from HK:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Promotion-AC ... 0005.m1851

£4.89 ships from the UK:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-3-Pin-Plu ... Swu05bSENS

Plenty more on offer on Ebay.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I wouldn't buy AC adapters from China/Hong Kong. Power transformers is a thing that could easily be a fire hazard if the correct precautions aren't taken. I'd always look out for the "CE" mark, from a seller that seems trustworthy.

"But all my CE marked PSUs are made in China anyway" - yeah, it's not really a question of where they are built, but through which channels they are sold.
Midge_the_Mouse

Yeah buying anything from china does seem to have a bad rep that's why i was super cautious with OSSC sellers from china
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

To me it's the difference between risking getting something that doesn't work, or risking setting your house on fire. :3
I often buy cheap electronic components from China with no issue.

That said, a 5V DC adapter should be a pretty easy thing to find. You might already have a few lying around from various appliances or tools.
Makinx

Post by Makinx »

I added the China one as a cheap alternative. I'd also pick the one from the UK even though it's 2 pounds more expensive.
Midge_the_Mouse

Well that's another new problem stupid fucking site http://www.videogameperfection.com refuses to accept my CC details no matter what i do
FFS why isn't there a easy pay-pal option?

LMAO www.aliexpress.com are talking 30-40 days free shipping
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

We used to take PayPal until they decided that because we do region free mods on consoles that we were software pirates, then they made us sign an agreement never to take PayPal on our website again.

Blame PayPal, not us. If you e-mail in I can see what the reason for the decline is.

Frankly I don't get why people trust a company with crap security (still using SMS 2FA LOL) that randomly locks peoples accounts and keeps all their money for BS reasons (though I suppose Stripe has done that to Mobius too so maybe you can't win).

As for the Aliexpress/eBay OSSCs, yeah we knew that would happen eventually, however, I did not expect them to

A) Rip off the logo I paid ArcadeTV to design for us
B) Rip off our quick start guide, deleting our copyright and putting their own on
C) Clone the sticker on the bottom right down to the bit that says "for support visit www.videogameperfection.com". Now I have people coming in from Aliexpress purchases expecting me to troubleshoot their clone OSSCs for them...

It's happened at a bad time for us as we're in the middle of a relocation but I'll definitely have more stock of everything in March (except possibly JP21 adapters as I need a new EU supplier).
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

BuckoA51 wrote:We used to take PayPal until they decided that because we do region free mods on consoles that we were software pirates, then they made us sign an agreement never to take PayPal on our website again.
Seriously? PayPal? As in owned by eBay, the company that actively supports software piracy big-time, by allowing people to sell bootlegs and "reproductions" on their service?
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Sumez wrote:
BuckoA51 wrote:We used to take PayPal until they decided that because we do region free mods on consoles that we were software pirates, then they made us sign an agreement never to take PayPal on our website again.
Seriously? PayPal? As in owned by eBay, the company that actively supports software piracy big-time, by allowing people to sell bootlegs and "reproductions" on their service?
Joke of the year tbh.
headlesshobbs

Post by headlesshobbs »

Bad joke apparently.

I'd wish somebody would recognize them and call them out for being scum, but they wanna run a business...
"Don't HD my SD!!"
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

pp and ebay really get worse every day.

For instance something similar prob many of us had to deal with in recent times: I kind of get that PP refuse shops that sell flash carts, yet this limits the legit carts business (e.g when you can't buy anything from krikzz if their payment service is rejected by your card maker and/or bank) and it greatly helps the crappier knockoffs that sell absolutely everywhere including their own eBay, amazon etc.

And putting console mods on the same level as flashcarts, ha ha, they don't know any facts and just thoughtlessly apply some thoughtless policies period.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I think it's cool for PayPal to reject businesses based around software piracy.

But it's seriously puzzling to me that they 1. apply this practice to businesses that obviously aren't, 2. don't apply it to eBay, where that stuff is running absolutely rampant!

As headlesshobbs states, they obviously run a business, and I guess illegitimate sellers are probably a too big part of their business? I mean, there's a ton of bootleg stuff on eBay outside of just video games. But year after year, I'm dumbfounded that they can get away with this crap. Why isn't anyone doing anything?
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I'd wish somebody would recognize them and call them out for being scum, but they wanna run a business...
Plenty of people have, you only need to google "Paypal sucks", or watch the cartoon "A PayPal Christmas".

but then plenty of people call out Facebook for promoting fake news and the far right etc etc because it brings them in advertising money, Google for pissing over your privacy, etc etc, we all still use them.

TBF I still use the "send money to friends and family" thing they do on my own personal PayPal, so I'm a hypocrite too lol
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

BuckoA51 wrote: Frankly I don't get why people trust a company with crap security (still using SMS 2FA LOL)
A bit off-topic, but PayPal supports software tokens. They hide the option well though.
Midge_the_Mouse

As a potential customer i don't really care about the rights or wrongs of any payment methods so long as as it's fast secure and hassle free
Used pay-pal before it's been hassle free when used with the correct information now iv'e got problems with CC details when it should be easy
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I understand that very well tho, had to give up a purchase of something I really needed at a UK store (not VGP lol) because there was no way to pay without basically getting an appointment with my bank manager, no shit, the cc service that store offered depending on you bank/card, simply wouldn't work outside the UK just like that (though they offered intl shipping)
Same story I had with krikzz and their offshoots, had to give up and in the end wished they had an official shop on eBay or amazon.
These situations suck both for the customer and businesses, hopefully one day there'll be an alternative to PP we can trust and just as smooth.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Steamflogger Boss

headlesshobbs wrote:Bad joke apparently.
Pretty much. I learned a long time ago that eBay welcomes piracy. Anything that lines their pockets is fine which isn't surprising it's just disappointing when they acted like they don't allow bootlegs. Years ago I would report stuff but it's pissing into the ocean now, anime and game bootleggers are thriving on eBay.
Xyga wrote:I understand that very well tho, had to give up a purchase of something I really needed at a UK store (not VGP lol) because there was no way to pay without basically getting an appointment with my bank manager, no shit, the cc service that store offered depending on you bank/card, simply wouldn't work outside the UK just like that (though they offered intl shipping)
Same story I had with krikzz and their offshoots, had to give up and in the end wished they had an official shop on eBay or amazon.
These situations suck both for the customer and businesses, hopefully one day there'll be an alternative to PP we can trust and just as smooth.
I had a hell of a time trying to buy AnyDVD (which yes is pirate software but I just want to watch BDs damn it).
Sumez wrote:I think it's cool for PayPal to reject businesses based around software piracy.

But it's seriously puzzling to me that they 1. apply this practice to businesses that obviously aren't, 2. don't apply it to eBay, where that stuff is running absolutely rampant!

As headlesshobbs states, they obviously run a business, and I guess illegitimate sellers are probably a too big part of their business? I mean, there's a ton of bootleg stuff on eBay outside of just video games. But year after year, I'm dumbfounded that they can get away with this crap. Why isn't anyone doing anything?
Ultimately no one cares, like you say bootleg money is still money. Plus the sellers will just open new accounts. At least that's what would happen when eBay pretended to bother a little more.
hurda

Off-Topic

Post by hurda »

Sumez wrote:Seriously? PayPal? As in owned by eBay,
PayPal was split from eBay about four years ago and will stop being "pushed" by eBay in 2020.
Steamflogger Boss

Re: Off-Topic

hurda wrote:
Sumez wrote:Seriously? PayPal? As in owned by eBay,
PayPal was split from eBay about four years ago and will stop being "pushed" by eBay in 2020.
This is true. eBay somewhat recently even did some special sales with sellers that only accept CCs and not paypal.