PS3 drive stuck problem?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Classicgamer

PS3 drive stuck problem?

Post by Classicgamer »

Do any of you PS3 owners here have issues with discs getting stuck in the drive?

I picked up a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently. I never had issues before but every time I play that game, it gets stuck and won't eject.

So, I'm probably never going to play that game again but, does anyone know a way of removing stuck discs? It just clicks when I press eject but no disc comes out...
Lord of Pirates

Re: PS3 drive stuck problem?

Post by Lord of Pirates »

Disassemble the PS3, remove the BD drive, then remove the drive cover. You might be able to get it to eject on startup but removing the drive cover is pretty foolproof.
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

Lord of Pirates wrote:Disassemble the PS3, remove the BD drive, then remove the drive cover. You might be able to get it to eject on startup but removing the drive cover is pretty foolproof.
Thanks. Have you experienced the problem too?
Lord of Pirates

Post by Lord of Pirates »

I had it happen to me a few years ago with a slim and a badly scratched disc that I left in the system after turning it off. I was able to get it to eject after a bunch of tries but I don't remember anything beyond that.

Be sure to check out guides on disassembly of the system and drive.
Classicgamer

Post by Classicgamer »

Lord of Pirates wrote:I had it happen to me a few years ago with a slim and a badly scratched disc that I left in the system after turning it off. I was able to get it to eject after a bunch of tries but I don't remember anything beyond that.

Be sure to check out guides on disassembly of the system and drive.
Interesting. That's what I was trying to figure out. I.e. Why does it happen with this one disc while others eject fine.

I bought the Marvel vs Capcom 3 disc used off ebay and it seems that a lot of people don't look after their discs as well as I do...

I can't say I understand why scratches stop it ejecting but do not stop it playing but at least I know what to look out for now.

I opened the drive and got it out. It was time consuming but I can use my PS3 again.