Pc engine duo rx repair please!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
XxBIGWOODxX

Pc engine duo rx repair please!

Post by XxBIGWOODxX »

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the message boards, I recently bought a duonrx and got game-tech region free mod and Voultar a newer duorgbx board for rgb out. I did a full cap replacement and now the system goes to black screen for about three seconds before it shuts off.

I am looking for somebody to fix the device and install the law mods as well. Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mobiusstriptech

Re: Pc engine duo rx repair please!

Post by Mobiusstriptech »

This is something I do quite commonly. Feel free to reach out. You can see my work on my website, Facebook page, and Twitter. I'm also well known in the NEC community and Voultar himself would vouch for me.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

XxBIGWOODxX

Post by XxBIGWOODxX »

Emailed mobius
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

To be clear, the only thing you've done so far is the cap kit? Was it working before the cap kit? If so, double check all the installed caps, for correct rating at their installed locations, and for correct polarity.

If the only thing you've done is the cap kit, and it was working before but not after, then the cap kit is your cause. It is possible you damaged a trace, lifted a pad, or caused some deeper problem as a result of the work, but the most likely culprit is incorrectly installed cap(s). Been there myself more times than I'd like to admit. :oops: