Crestron vs Extron?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
strayan

Re: Crestron vs Extron?

Post by strayan »

ldeveraux wrote:there isn't a "power" button on the remote, so I'd assume it would power up when plugging in. No lights in the front suggest it's not powered. Check the power supply for validity? Open it up and check for issues? Is there a fuse inside?
Yeah I expected at least a light to come on just need someone to confirm for sure. There is a whine coming from the power supply so hopefully just that.
strayan

Post by strayan »

ldeveraux wrote:Check the power supply for validity?
So the power supply tested with other devices powers them so I assume it's OK.

Can anyone with a Crestron scaler confirm lights should come on even without the remote?
ShmupJunkie

Post by ShmupJunkie »

Which model are you referring to? The older hd-scaler that is discontinued? In either case the small power led light will always be a solid green when plugged in, whether anything else is connected or working. If the power supply is verified good (meaning you are getting the correct voltage and amperage with a meter), and the green led isn’t lit the unit is dead. If the green light is faded or flickering it’s failing. Anything but a solid green light on the power led means something is wrong either internally or with the power supply. Also confirm it was provided with the correct power supply. For the older hd-scaler it should be 24V .75amp. If it’s lower output or failing it could still power another device that requires less amperage but not work with this unit.

There is no scenario where the green led shouldn’t be lit solid when plugged in unless it’s dead or the power supply is dead or failing.
Creating Shmup Content for the Masses
https://www.youtube.com/shmupjunkie
strayan

Post by strayan »

movietimepro wrote:Which model are you referring to? The older hd-scaler that is discontinued? In either case the small power led light will always be a solid green when plugged in, whether anything else is connected or working. If the power supply is verified good (meaning you are getting the correct voltage and amperage with a meter), and the green led isn’t lit the unit is dead. If the green light is faded or flickering it’s failing. Anything but a solid green light on the power led means something is wrong either internally or with the power supply. Also confirm it was provided with the correct power supply. For the older hd-scaler it should be 24V .75amp. If it’s lower output or failing it could still power another device that requires less amperage but not work with this unit.

There is no scenario where the green led shouldn’t be lit solid when plugged in unless it’s dead or the power supply is dead or failing.
Cheers it's the discontinued hd-scaler. I'm not getting any lights whatsoever. I will buy another power supply to test as I have no multimeter. Thanks for the response!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

strayan wrote:
movietimepro wrote:Which model are you referring to? The older hd-scaler that is discontinued? In either case the small power led light will always be a solid green when plugged in, whether anything else is connected or working. If the power supply is verified good (meaning you are getting the correct voltage and amperage with a meter), and the green led isn’t lit the unit is dead. If the green light is faded or flickering it’s failing. Anything but a solid green light on the power led means something is wrong either internally or with the power supply. Also confirm it was provided with the correct power supply. For the older hd-scaler it should be 24V .75amp. If it’s lower output or failing it could still power another device that requires less amperage but not work with this unit.

Cheers it's the discontinued hd-scaler. I'm not getting any lights whatsoever. I will buy another power supply to test as I have no multimeter. Thanks for the response!
Why don't you just buy a cheap multimeter?!
strayan

Post by strayan »

Does anyone have any instructions to save a custom resolution on a Crestron HD scaler using the Crestron toolbox or via any other method?
Dev

Post by Dev »

Has anyone got the latest firmware for the Crestron DMPS3-4K-150C? I do not have authorised access to the Crestron download site :cry: .
I appreciate any help with this.
strayan

Post by strayan »

strayan wrote:Does anyone have any instructions to save a custom resolution on a Crestron HD scaler using the Crestron toolbox or via any other method?
I managed to update the firmware on the Crestron but still can’t figure out how to ‘save’ the custom resolution I created using the Crestron toolbox software. Can anyone help?