Looking for a PS2/Saturn to Neo pad convertor

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Icarus

Looking for a PS2/Saturn to Neo pad convertor

Post by Icarus »

Topic says it all. I'm looking around for a good, responsive pad convertor, so I can hook up a PS2 Saturn-like joypad - or better yet, an actual Saturn pad - to a Neo-Geo joypad port. Kind of required as my supergun is Neo pad compatible, but I hate the clicky, uncontrollable thumbstick of the NeoCD joypad.

Anyone know of any good places where I can get one, and how much would I be looking to pay?
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

liksang.com has these http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... s_id=3707&

I couldn't really say if the Neo converter is any good but I've got their PS to Saturn converter and as far as I can tell, it's pretty much lag free.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Yeah, I have those adapters for several systems and have had great results with all of them. I would put faith in the Neo version.

I still think, if you can get the work done, a better bet would be to get an original Saturn pad modified to Neo pinout. I have the PS2 reissues and don't think they feel quite the same. I seem to be the only person who has made this complaint, though, so maybe you'll be just as happy with the PS2 pad.
Neon

Post by Neon »

I have 2 saturn pads modded to NG spec. I'd be happy to get rid of one for the price of a PSX > NG converter so I can use my stick instead of pads.

Let me know.