NEC XP29 Plus Ghosting Bright Vertical Images

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
liquidb

NEC XP29 Plus Ghosting Bright Vertical Images

Post by liquidb »

Hi, 

I have the NEC monitor in the subject, but I have an issue on all inputs where more intense images will ghost a vertical pattern. What you cannot see, is there is actually a few pixels to the left of the scroll bar where there is no ghosting, and then it suddenly appears after a few more pixels. So i do not believe it is a contrast light scatter issue, as it does not go away with a minimum contrast either. Also, if you move the scroll bar to left side of screen, you get the ghost pattern on the right. The ghosting is all parts of screen and always points to center.

The monitor is pretty sharp and clear. Able to reach a pretty high luminosity also. This is the only issue besides purity I have seen thus far. But it is annoying. 

https://imgur.com/a/ODGBhx5

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
liquidb

Re: NEC XP29 Plus Ghosting Bright Vertical Images

Post by liquidb »

An update,

It is actually creating a ghost of any border of an image that is always pointing to the center of the screen. It is not just vertical patterns. I'm wondering if the very obvious color impurity off-center is related.

The ghosting disappears if the image or border is moved center screen. Besides the purity, could a slightly misaligned deflection yoke cause this? I'm hoping it is something much more simple.

Thanks.