BVM20F1E + BKM-25P: multiple sources via bnc "tees"?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
emuola

BVM20F1E + BKM-25P: multiple sources via bnc "tees"?

Post by emuola »

Running the aforementioned monitor and BKM-25P decoder board. The decoder board lists the following possibilities for inputs:

I have 2 different retro computers (Zx 48k (modded) and C64) which output Y/C. As the manual says I could use connectors 1+3 and 7+9, so I could have proper settings for both individually. However I also have a few rgb devices connected to inputs 7+9+11 via a switch.

My question is: Can I use inputs 7+9 for Y/C simultaneously with 7+9+11 for RGB via bnc tee adapters and just define the inputs (format and number of input connector) from the osd?
maxtherabbit

Re: BVM20F1E + BKM-25P: multiple sources via bnc "tees"?

Post by maxtherabbit »

emuola wrote:Running the aforementioned monitor and BKM-25P decoder board. The decoder board lists the following possibilities for inputs:

I have 2 different retro computers (Zx 48k (modded) and C64) which output Y/C. As the manual says I could use connectors 1+3 and 7+9, so I could have proper settings for both individually. However I also have a few rgb devices connected to inputs 7+9+11 via a switch.

My question is: Can I use inputs 7+9 for Y/C simultaneously with 7+9+11 for RGB via bnc tee adapters and just define the inputs (format and number of input connector) from the osd?
in theory it would be fine as long as you don't ever power on both source devices at the same time
emuola

Post by emuola »

in theory it would be fine as long as you don't ever power on both source devices at the same time
Ok, I guess I'd be better with a y/c switch then :) However, then I'd loose the possibility to tune the image settings perfectly for both y/c sources. Hmm... As you said "don't ever power both source devices", what would happen if both y/c source and rgb source(s) would be powered simultaneously? What would break?

Thank you for your help maxtherabbit :)
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

emuola wrote:
Ok, I guess I'd be better with a y/c switch then :) However, then I'd loose the possibility to tune the image settings perfectly for both y/c sources. Hmm... As you said "don't ever power both source devices", what would happen if both y/c source and rgb source(s) would be powered simultaneously? What would break?

damage would be unlikely (but possible), it would probably just not work
emuola

Post by emuola »

maxtherabbit wrote:
emuola wrote:

damage would be unlikely (but possible), it would probably just not work
Ok, sounds like I'll try this first :) Thanks again!
Unseen

Post by Unseen »

emuola wrote:My question is: Can I use inputs 7+9 for Y/C simultaneously with 7+9+11 for RGB via bnc tee adapters and just define the inputs (format and number of input connector) from the osd?
You may get a tint in RGB mode because the blue/green signals have additional load on them compared to red.