shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: BVM20F1E + BKM-25P: multiple sources via bnc "tees"?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am 

Running the aforementioned monitor and BKM-25P decoder board. The decoder board lists the following possibilities for inputs:

I have 2 different retro computers (Zx 48k (modded) and C64) which output Y/C. As the manual says I could use connectors 1+3 and 7+9, so I could have proper settings for both individually. However I also have a few rgb devices connected to inputs 7+9+11 via a switch.

My question is: Can I use inputs 7+9 for Y/C simultaneously with 7+9+11 for RGB via bnc tee adapters and just define the inputs (format and number of input connector) from the osd?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: BVM20F1E + BKM-25P: multiple sources via bnc "tees"?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 am 

emuola wrote:
Running the aforementioned monitor and BKM-25P decoder board. The decoder board lists the following possibilities for inputs:

I have 2 different retro computers (Zx 48k (modded) and C64) which output Y/C. As the manual says I could use connectors 1+3 and 7+9, so I could have proper settings for both individually. However I also have a few rgb devices connected to inputs 7+9+11 via a switch.

My question is: Can I use inputs 7+9 for Y/C simultaneously with 7+9+11 for RGB via bnc tee adapters and just define the inputs (format and number of input connector) from the osd?

in theory it would be fine as long as you don't ever power on both source devices at the same time

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am 

Quote:
in theory it would be fine as long as you don't ever power on both source devices at the same time

Ok, I guess I'd be better with a y/c switch then :) However, then I'd loose the possibility to tune the image settings perfectly for both y/c sources. Hmm... As you said "don't ever power both source devices", what would happen if both y/c source and rgb source(s) would be powered simultaneously? What would break?

Thank you for your help maxtherabbit :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm 

emuola wrote:
Quote:

Ok, I guess I'd be better with a y/c switch then :) However, then I'd loose the possibility to tune the image settings perfectly for both y/c sources. Hmm... As you said "don't ever power both source devices", what would happen if both y/c source and rgb source(s) would be powered simultaneously? What would break?

damage would be unlikely (but possible), it would probably just not work

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 am 

maxtherabbit wrote:
emuola wrote:
Quote:

damage would be unlikely (but possible), it would probably just not work

Ok, sounds like I'll try this first :) Thanks again!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 am 

emuola wrote:

You may get a tint in RGB mode because the blue/green signals have additional load on them compared to red.

Offline Profile