Bypass SNES Borti4938

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
romulocff

Bypass SNES Borti4938

Post by romulocff »

Good afternoon everyone, I recently saw a very interesting topic, posted by @brunofree and I was interested by the subject, about the stipu bypass of borti4938, however I can not find some information. I can not quite understand what the values ​​are for the C*4 components (I have seen some plates without these capacitors), R43, R42. To be used in NTSC which values ​​should I use?
unmaker

Re: Bypass SNES Borti4938

Post by unmaker »

What sort of SNES console will you be installing this into? For SNES mini you will want all C*4 components as the mini does not have any decoupling caps. For 1CHIP-01/02 consoles you do not need any of the C*4 caps since the console has these caps already. R43, R42 depends on if you want TTL or 75 ohm csync.
brunofree

Post by brunofree »

romulocff wrote:Good afternoon everyone, I recently saw a very interesting topic, posted by @brunofree and I was interested by the subject, about the stipu bypass of borti4938, however I can not find some information. I can not quite understand what the values ​​are for the C*4 components (I have seen some plates without these capacitors), R43, R42. To be used in NTSC which values ​​should I use?

I drew a schematic of the circuit, maybe it helps, if I make any changes I update this post
romulocff

Post by romulocff »

unmaker wrote:What sort of SNES console will you be installing this into? For SNES mini you will want all C*4 components as the mini does not have any decoupling caps. For 1CHIP-01/02 consoles you do not need any of the C*4 caps since the console has these caps already. R43, R42 depends on if you want TTL or 75 ohm csync.
I understand, thanks for the info, I will install on a 1chip01, using an RGB transcoder for Component. Is it possible to modify some components for more commercial values? for example 5.1MOhm, 0.082uF, 4.99kOhm, are not easy to find values, I will not use SMD at the moment, is there any approximation that I can make for these components? or would you have to make associations?
romulocff

Post by romulocff »

brunofree wrote:
romulocff wrote:Good afternoon everyone, I recently saw a very interesting topic, posted by @brunofree and I was interested by the subject, about the stipu bypass of borti4938, however I can not find some information. I can not quite understand what the values ​​are for the C*4 components (I have seen some plates without these capacitors), R43, R42. To be used in NTSC which values ​​should I use?

I drew a schematic of the circuit, maybe it helps, if I make any changes I update this post
thanks @brunofree will be very useful