8Bitdo Retro Receiver firmware update v1.33, NES layout fix.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
James-F

8Bitdo Retro Receiver firmware update v1.33, NES layout fix.

Post by James-F »

8Bitdo updated the Reto Receiver firmware to accommodate both horizontal and vertical A & B NES layouts.
From now on the Cross or Triangle is B, Circle is A.
No turbo at all to have both layouts.

In my opinion it is an excellent move from 8bitdo, the NES RR is much more usefull to me now as I like the horizontal layout much better, like the original dog bone controller.
opt2not

Re: 8Bitdo Retro Receiver firmware update v1.33, NES layout

Post by opt2not »

Awesome, thanks for posting this.

I'm hoping they update their SNES Retro Receiver to work with the 3rd and 4th player slot on the multi-tap. Right now the RR's don't work for 4-player games, even if their product page says it does.

I found out the hard way when I tried setting up Super Bomberman for a party, ended up having to use wired controllers for P3 and P4. I've contacted 8bitdo and they said they'll have their development team look into it. They mentioned they haven't tested it with the multi-tap before, which is real shady considering they're saying it is compatible with 2-4 units for multiplayer games. How did they not test it with the multi-tap?! There are a lot of fantastic 4-player games on the SNES that would really benefit from using wireless controls.

Hope I didn't waste my money on gearing up for 4-player games:

(I still need to pick-up two more NES RR's for when I get my copy of Micro Mages)
niall

Post by niall »

Sorry to hear that, I was planning the same and getting ready to order #3 and #4 myself!
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

Why haven’t they released a receiver for n64 yet? If there is any system that needs wider controller compatibility for better analogue controllers it’s that one.