Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Bang & Olufsen MX7000 CRT - No Power
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:12 pm 

Hi Guys,

I just picked up this lovely CRT recently for next to nothing but it wont currently switch on and I see no red standby light at all. It has a 2 pin Euro plug on the end of the cable which I have plugged into an adapter (I am in the UK so a 3 pin adapter) and the TV is rated for 240V AC.

I assume the fuse would be a good place to start, does anyone have any experiences of the MX range for things I could look out for?

I am fully aware of the high voltage dangers of working on CRT's so am hoping this might be an easy fix.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Bang & Olufsen MX7000 CRT - No Power
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am 

Ok an update....

I spent some time doing lots of research into the common faults and testing components on the board and found a failed TR33 (BU2508DF) transistor. I couldn't find any dry joints or anything like that but i replaced the following components in the circuit.

TR33, C100, C101, C102, C103, C104, C105, C106, & D82.

So after replacing them.... Success! Red standby light came up and the TV switched on. I was feeling quite proud of myself at this point but alas it wasn't to last.... 5 minutes later it switched itself off and went back to standby :cry:

The TV now has the red standby light but wont come out of standby the green power led lights up for a second and then goes off again. However if I leave it unplugged for a little while it will turn back on again for a few minutes and then goes off again.

I found the service manual / wiring diagrams for the MX6000 model (which is essentially the same TV minus the active speaker system) here http://beomanuals.com/manuals/Beovision ... 0,6000.pdf

I am sending out a cry for help for anyone who has experience with these models that might be able to help me! I am so close to getting this going again.

Offline Profile