Genesis Model 3 Mod Recommendations

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Sargon

Genesis Model 3 Mod Recommendations

Post by Sargon »

I am looking to mod my Genesis Model 3 (for use with an OSSC).

Does anyone have recommendations for the best possible mods for the Model 3 for RGB video and high quality stereo audio?

Would it be the RGB Bypass mod for video plus the Mega Amp for audio, or are there other things I should look to do?

Thanks!
lettuce

Re: Genesis Model 3 Mod Recommendations

Post by lettuce »

Sargon

Post by Sargon »

lettuce wrote:The triple bypass mod

http://retrorgb.com/db-electronics-trip ... oaded.html
That looks promising. Is there any ETA for when the boards will be available for sale?
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

Should be relatively soon...maybe a week or two. HUGE upgrade for the Genesis 3 too! More info: http://retrorgb.com/genesis3.html
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

When I emailed Rene last time he told me that he dropped this project and won't be working on it any longer, but now it's gonna be available for sale in two weeks? How come?
Sargon

Post by Sargon »

Lawfer wrote:When I emailed Rene last time he told me that he dropped this project and won't be working on it any longer, but now it's gonna be available for sale in two weeks? How come?
I contacted him by Twitter last night and the response I received was that the project is open source and I could build my own. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to do that.

So I'm curious about the response above. Is someone actually producing a batch of these boards right now that will be available in a few weeks?
Kez

Post by Kez »

Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

azmun

Post by azmun »

I may be interested in this as well since I'm a huge fan of Genesis 3 and its design. Always wished I could have a mod to output stereo. But just to clarify, will Triple Bypass board sacrifice composite video signal? This is deal breaker for me. :(

Perhaps my optimal solution is Mega Amp. Can anyone here recommend a shop where I can send my unit so they can perform the job to both supply and install the chip?