BVM 20F1E - Yellow tint on NESRGB and 3DO CLP DLY Settings

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
archimage

BVM 20F1E - Yellow tint on NESRGB and 3DO CLP DLY Settings

Post by archimage »

Hello,

I have a BVM 20F1E intended to replace a PVM 20L4.

However I have some difficulties with this one particularly with 2 consoles which give me a very dark yellowish image.

Famicom AV with Tim's RGB, and 3DO with Doujindance's RGB.

They both give this dark tinted image.

I figured out this behaviour before with the 20L4 sometimes with the Japanese Megadrive, and found it that CLP P DLY value has to be changed to fix this depending on the console used.

Now that I have the 20F1E I have found that CLP P DLY under Maintenance mode/BK card has a fixed value at 128, I don't understand why this doesn't want to change.

When I trigger CLP PULSE SEL to 1 it fixes the problem, but for some reason no setting on the BK card under maintenance gets stored.

I would be really glad if someone can help me to figure out why I get this behaviour on the 20F1E, which is pretty easy to solve on the 20L4.

Thanks a lot
Last edited by archimage on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archimage

Re: BVM 20F1E - NESRGB yellow tint Clamp Pulse Delay Setting

Post by archimage »

Here are pictures showing the problem of the yellow tint and how the CLP PULS SW get rid of them, but I can't store this value.

If anyone has this problem with his rig please share your experience.

Cavia

Re: BVM 20F1E - Yellow tint on NESRGB and 3DO CLP DLY Settin

Post by Cavia »

Yep, exactly the same problem on my BVM 20F1E and two BVM 14E1E.
Value is fixed at 128 and there is no way to change it.

Did you find a workaround??
Looking online, it seems that only 480p models (D, 20L5 etc) are able to change that value.
Derf

Post by Derf »

Cavia wrote:Yep, exactly the same problem on my BVM 20F1E and two BVM 14E1E.
Value is fixed at 128 and there is no way to change it.

Did you find a workaround??
Looking online, it seems that only 480p models (D, 20L5 etc) are able to change that value.
I am experiencing the exact same issue on my BVM-14F5U (240p only). I believe this is the option I need to change to fix this issue, because it looks fine on my PVM.

archimage

Post by archimage »

Yes I found the solution, I was using the HD15 output from the older gscartsw revision, which outputs sync voltage with vga specs even if it's 240p, when I switched to the scart outputs the problem was gone, I believe it's because the sync is 75 ohm
Derf

Post by Derf »

In the spirit of sharing solutions, I found that mine was caused by an issue with Voultar's SNESRGB board and a RetroAccess 75ohm attenuating cable. Once I removed the "magic resistor" on the SNESRGB to force TTL, it worked great.
archimage

Re: BVM 20F1E - Yellow tint on NESRGB and 3DO CLP DLY Settings

Post by archimage »

Hello,

I have the same issue again with nesrgb and with mister nes core.

This time it doesn't look bad from the start but the monitor seem to start yellowing the white progressively.

When I leave the source to another everything is yellow tinted for a while and sets back to default progressively.

This happens only with my 20f1e and clp pulse sel fixes rhe problem but temporarely

Anyone ?