shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:31 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: I recommend this HDMI Equipment for OSSC + 4K60 18Gbps
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:44 am 

So i got myself an xbox series X and im thinking of getting a new TV that has HDMI2.1 and that can play nice with OSSC and the different resolutions for each old consoles. would you say LG CX fits the role? Or do you know any Samsung TV that works well and thats 49-50"?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 pm 

nmalinoski wrote:
TheSwartz wrote:
Main complaints are:
4. My Xbox One X seems to take over anything else plugged in when it is in standby mode. However, this is fixed by totally powering down, or.... I'm just gonna take the Xbox One X out in a couple days when I have an Xbox Series X (which I will be plugging that directly into my receiver)

This has been my experience with a regular Xbox One. I believe the problem is that the Xbox consoles do not cut 5V output over HDMI when in standby/quick-resume/whatever; since that is what I believe these automatic switchers are looking for, the Xbox appears to the switcher to always be powered on, even when it logically isn't to you or me.

Yeah. This has been my experience as well. There's definitely a setting in the XBone to make it fully power off. And I have that enabled to ensure my switching plays nice at all times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am 

KentaZX wrote:
So i got myself an xbox series X and im thinking of getting a new TV that has HDMI2.1 and that can play nice with OSSC and the different resolutions for each old consoles. would you say LG CX fits the role? Or do you know any Samsung TV that works well and thats 49-50"?

See my post a few above yours to see that I am using an OSSC with multiple different consoles. Some of them may be what you're using. I am still not as knowledgeable as I want to be, but, as far as I can tell, all of these are playing nicely with an LG CX and I'm happy.

One update to that post is, that I now have a PS5 and XBSX set up as well. However, for those, I have them connected directly to the LG CX (not through the HDMI switcher discussed in that post). Then, from there, I have audio going back to my receiver via eARC (FYI set digital audio output on the TV to pass-through). With this setup, I am able to get the Dolby Atmos audio back to my receiver. I think it is a specific problem for my set up, but the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X don't seem to play well with my Denon Receiver and this is the only way to bitstream Dolby Atmos.

One more comment related to this. For 4K UHD 120 Hz on the XBSX to the LG CX, you will want 48 Gbps rated cables. I did find some long cables that are cheaper than the Monoprice ones I mentioned. I have not used these, not quite long enough for my long run :( but it's what Vincent Teoh has recommended.

Lastly, you may read about a glitch with 4K UHD AND 120 Hz AND VRR between the LG CX and XBSX. According to Vincent Teoh, this seems fixed with the latest beta firmware, so expect that pushed out soon.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15