shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:35 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: I recommend this HDMI Equipment for OSSC + 4K60 18Gbps
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:57 pm 

maxtherabbit wrote:
Why don't you just use the 3.5mm analog audio output from the OSSC to feed the receiver?

That would only work if the he was solely using AV1; it won't have any audio from AV3, and using that jack for AV1 audio out prevents it from being used for audio in for AV2.

Hkr wrote:
Just wanna confirm that the setup listed in the OP can pass that signal through fine without needing to dejitter mod my consoles. I currently have my ossc plugged directly into the TV, but the TV has no audio out so I can't connect it to my 70s receiver like I want.

If you get the Vorke HD41Pro switcher, you can turn on its ARC feature and use its 3.5mm TRS jack to feed audio into your stereo receiver. I have this switcher and an unmodded NES (and an RGB decoder), but personally haven't used the switcher's ARC feature (I have an HDMI-capable AVR), and I unfortunately wouldn't be able to test it until sometime next week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:06 pm 

nmalinoski wrote:
That would only work if the he

She.

nmalinoski wrote:
If you get the Vorke HD41Pro switcher, you can turn on its ARC feature and use its 3.5mm TRS jack to feed audio into your stereo receiver. I have this switcher and an unmodded NES (and an RGB decoder), but personally haven't used the switcher's ARC feature (I have an HDMI-capable AVR), and I unfortunately wouldn't be able to test it until sometime next week.

Sorry, your wording is confusing there. Do you have a NES with a NESRGB board installed, fed into an ossc and out through the Vorke without the jitter issues?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm 

Hkr wrote:
nmalinoski wrote:

Sorry, your wording is confusing there. Do you have a NES with a NESRGB board installed, fed into an ossc and out through the Vorke without the jitter issues?

I have an entirely stock NTSC front-loader NES and a Kramer FC-4044 RGB decoder. The original composite output of the NES would be run into the RGB decoder and converted to YPbPr for the OSSC. As far as I know, the FC-4044 predates Kramer's digital processing, so it doesn't screw with 240p, and it shouldn't screw with the sync.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:02 pm 

Hkr wrote:
But go on, continue to shit on my choices instead of answering a simple question.

Jesus, get over yourself, it was a joke If the question was that simple, you wouldn't need assistance answering it would you?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 am 

My time sleuth came in and I can give another confirmation that the denon 3500h adds zero lag when processing is off. I didn't explore it much but initial testing with the processor on added 40ms.

Also found out just how God awful my tvs are with 480i content. One older panasonic plasma was over 109ms. I'm looking forward to seeing the results with my small collection of video processors.

The time sleuth is an expensive toy with far too few profile settings but it sure is a welcome tool. Takes all the guess work out

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6