shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:53 pm 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
I'm looking at kd30xs955

When I turn on my ps2 and it boots up to browser I noticed that on the upper vertical top left is slanted slightly inward.

I think this is a geometry problem, but not sure.

Either way, can this be fixed in service menu?

Trying to decide if I should get this.
Colors looked nice to me.
Didn't notice anything sticking out except for what I mentioned above.

Please help me decide.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
This may be relevant to your model:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... uggestions

I was going to suggest looking for entries related to TRAPezoidal adjustment, but perhaps it will be listed as BOWing. I'm not sure; it's been a while since I fiddled with the service menu in a Trinitron. Good luck!

Be careful to note current settings before you change them, and note also that permanently saving changes should require a button combo.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:50 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
This may be relevant to your model:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... uggestions

I was going to suggest looking for entries related to TRAPezoidal adjustment, but perhaps it will be listed as BOWing. I'm not sure; it's been a while since I fiddled with the service menu in a Trinitron. Good luck!

Be careful to note current settings before you change them, and note also that permanently saving changes should require a button combo.

Thanks for the info!

I actually don't have it yet. I'm wondering if I should. I went and checked it out and this is what it did .
Because it was upstairs, I told him I need to come back with help. Strong help lol

So do you think it's probably fixable?
Should I get it? Those stairs will suck....
Will it be worth it lol


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
If you mean to say that there is a bit of a trapezoidal shape - a rectangle on the screen is pulled slightly inward on the top right, say, while all lines are otherwise straight - that should be a simple service menu tweak, yeah.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:30 pm 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
If you mean to say that there is a bit of a trapezoidal shape - a rectangle on the screen is pulled slightly inward on the top right, say, while all lines are otherwise straight - that should be a simple service menu tweak, yeah.

Thanks for the advice. Now all I need to do is figure out those steps lol.

Ps...talking to a guy about a Sony PVM14L1...but it's only 13" screen. ...not sure it is big enough. Do you think any PVM is worth getting if I can get it for like $20
I'm thinking yes but the size. ....it's so small lol!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
For $20 it's a good choice, but I think that, as with other L1 series sets, it does no RGB. Random reddit post suggests it's S-Video only, no RGBs.

Still, though, $20 isn't bad for a pretty portable little box. I did a lot of PC gaming on an old monitor hardly bigger, back in the day, at 15" and it didn't feel small back then.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 pm 



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Posts: 128
It should be easy enough to check that the issue can be fixed in the service menu before buying.

At this point, there are still plenty of crt TV's with component video being thrown away or sold cheap on Craigslist. There is no reason to take on a project tv yet.

I would pass on the PVM. Other PVM models attract vintage gamers because they are one of the few options for RGB in America. Given a choice between a 13" PVM with only an SVideo port or a 27" Sony Trinitron TV with component video, I'd go with the TV.

Size matters for gaming. If you think that 13" is too small, you're probably right. 13" might be ok for a novelty bartop Neo Geo project though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:02 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
It is small, but finding a good PVM for $20 is tough. I'd get it for that reason alone. That's just me though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
It is small, but finding a good PVM for $20 is tough. I'd get it for that reason alone. That's just me though.

Yeah, he didn't know what a monitor really was. It's just the 13" tv.....not a monitor. When I looked at it in person, it was a let down.

But, he does have a compaq 17" crt pc monitor. Still in the box. I'm working on getting that for same price.

Wish me luck.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Classicgamer wrote:
It should be easy enough to check that the issue can be fixed in the service menu before buying.

At this point, there are still plenty of crt TV's with component video being thrown away or sold cheap on Craigslist. There is no reason to take on a project tv yet.

I would pass on the PVM. Other PVM models attract vintage gamers because they are one of the few options for RGB in America. Given a choice between a 13" PVM with only an SVideo port or a 27" Sony Trinitron TV with component video, I'd go with the TV.

Size matters for gaming. If you think that 13" is too small, you're probably right. 13" might be ok for a novelty bartop Neo Geo project though.

I'm only considering this set (30xs955) so much because of the SFP..... but the stairs are a major drawback....
He was kinda crappy when I wanted to check it the first time. I'm hoping to go back and be able to check convergence on a white screen.
He did say it was a secondary set and not the main set for home. So it got less use than a single set home.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
OK, I lost out on xs955 because I needed help on stairs and someone else has friends more ready to help on short notice.

I'll try harder to get that crt I guess. Lol, must not have been meant to be on upstairs boat anchor. ....
.....sigh. ...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
reldvs1 wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:
It is small, but finding a good PVM for $20 is tough. I'd get it for that reason alone. That's just me though.

Yeah, he didn't know what a monitor really was. It's just the 13" tv.....not a monitor. When I looked at it in person, it was a let down.

The PVM-14L1? It's definitely a monitor, and has a 600TVL rating, which is quite good for console inputs at that size - not fuzzy. Many medium to larger consumer TVs didn't have a higher resolution spec. Of course, losing RGB does mean you're not going to get the best picture possible.

I'm not trying to sway your opinion here, just trying to put out some information about what these things offer.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:33 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
reldvs1 wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:
It is small, but finding a good PVM for $20 is tough. I'd get it for that reason alone. That's just me though.

Yeah, he didn't know what a monitor really was. It's just the 13" tv.....not a monitor. When I looked at it in person, it was a let down.

The PVM-14L1? It's definitely a monitor, and has a 600TVL rating, which is quite good for console inputs at that size - not fuzzy. Many medium to larger consumer TVs didn't have a higher resolution spec. Of course, losing RGB does mean you're not going to get the best picture possible.

I'm not trying to sway your opinion here, just trying to put out some information about what these things offer.

Nope, didn't even have pvm in model number. ....something like 13tfxx

That Compaq crt looks pretty nice though. Any thoughts on fs7600 ?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:50 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
It looks like garbage; I'd steer clear. My first clue was that early '00s gray/silver box look from the days Compaq became HP. Specs seem to be 1280x1024 only at 60Hz. Higher refresh rates might be possible at lower resolutions.

To be sure, Compaq and HP both sold quality CRT monitors, including rebranded Sony monitors. They tend to use a lot of power, though, especially if they're driving higher resolutions and framerates.

In general I found PC monitors are not good replacements for TVs or monitors, as they are made for different purposes and tend to be fiddly about mode support - to say nothing of the totally different inputs. If you have a desperate need for a CRT monitor for PC gaming it might work, but I had a similar (probably superior, actually) CRT monitor and it wasn't life-changing. I'd hold out for a real TV or monitor if you're focused on console gaming.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
It looks like garbage; I'd steer clear. My first clue was that early '00s gray/silver box look from the days Compaq became HP. Specs seem to be 1280x1024 only at 60Hz. Higher refresh rates might be possible at lower resolutions.

To be sure, Compaq and HP both sold quality CRT monitors, including rebranded Sony monitors. They tend to use a lot of power, though, especially if they're driving higher resolutions and framerates.

In general I found PC monitors are not good replacements for TVs or monitors, as they are made for different purposes and tend to be fiddly about mode support - to say nothing of the totally different inputs. If you have a desperate need for a CRT monitor for PC gaming it might work, but I had a similar (probably superior, actually) CRT monitor and it wasn't life-changing. I'd hold out for a real TV or monitor if you're focused on console gaming.

Thanks for the honest comments. The monitor is the white version of that model crt monitor, if that makes any difference at all.

Other than the golden 27fv310
What do you consider good TVs?
I've heard decent things about jvc iart but no one ever states which model. They have a few iart models in crt. There's a guy locally that has a 27" iart. I'm considering it since it's really cheap.
Please give me any thought or suggestions on good TV because monitors seem less likely to come across I imagine.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:12 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
If you don't mind a curved screen, there should be some decent options there. Some folks also might have rear projection screens banging around, which can give a lot of screen size for the weight (though I'm not sure how suitable they are for gaming, but I think the burn-in concerns were less in later years).

The truth of it is likely that there are so many models that you'll need to just go by specific features and manufacturer - there are many small brands of late CRT TV made in China, and generally they aren't good. On the other hand there are many brands which you usually can do well by - Sony is the most obvious one. For features, the easiest thing to first sort by is component input - that's the popular good option seen on many sets, and is pretty flexible. Finally, there are some models with better-than-SD broadcast resolution, but I'm not sure all of these would be suitable for classic consoles. If you have any questions about a particular model, usually a quick Google of the model number will give you some details about its resolution support and the like.

I read a lot of reports about flatscreen CRTs having geometry issues, maybe sorted out by the late days of the CRT TV. I do know that models from ~2006 still had some issues though, like the 27fs120 which often has a dip in the screen (rather annoying in a sidescroller).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:19 am 



Joined: 27 Sep 2018
Posts: 70
reldvs1 wrote:
What do you consider good TVs?
I've heard decent things about jvc iart but no one ever states which model. They have a few iart models in crt. There's a guy locally that has a 27" iart. I'm considering it since it's really cheap.
Please give me any thought or suggestions on good TV because monitors seem less likely to come across I imagine.

We covered this in the other thread. Things would be much easier if you kept all your monitor request to a single running thread. Seriously, one thread man.

That said, assuming you're in North America, any later CRT from Sharp, Toshiba, or JVC/Panasonic (same company - Matsushita, now Panasonic) with YPbPr component, which was basically all their later models. They had so much in common that individual models basically don't matter as long as there's a YPbPr input. About the only thing I'd avoid from the late CRT era of 2000+ were the Korean brands with high-deflection ultra-slim tubes. Even a cheap Sharp, RCA, Funai from Walmart circa 2005 can look shockingly good as a byproduct of how much CRTs got refined towards the bitter end.

Ed Oscuro wrote:
I read a lot of reports about flatscreen CRTs having geometry issues, maybe sorted out by the late days of the CRT TV. I do know that models from ~2006 still had some issues though, like the 27fs120 which often has a dip in the screen (rather annoying in a sidescroller).

Late model Sonys, the flat ones in particular, were a notable step down in quality. Those flat Sony tubes had geometry issues too, which is where I think the "all flat CRTs have shit geometry" line came from, considering there was a long-running "Sony or nothing" mentality among a lot of gamers that I noticed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:39 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
energizerfellow‌ wrote:
reldvs1 wrote:
What do you consider good TVs?
I've heard decent things about jvc iart but no one ever states which model. They have a few iart models in crt. There's a guy locally that has a 27" iart. I'm considering it since it's really cheap.
Please give me any thought or suggestions on good TV because monitors seem less likely to come across I imagine.

We covered this in the other thread. Things would be much easier if you kept all your monitor request to a single running thread. Seriously, one thread man.

That said, assuming you're in North America, any later CRT from Sharp, Toshiba, or JVC/Panasonic (same company - Matsushita, now Panasonic) with YPbPr component, which was basically all their later models. They had so much in common that individual models basically don't matter as long as there's a YPbPr input. About the only thing I'd avoid from the late CRT era of 2000+ were the Korean brands with high-deflection ultra-slim tubes. Even a cheap Sharp, RCA, Funai from Walmart circa 2005 can look shockingly good as a byproduct of how much CRTs got refined towards the bitter end.

Ed Oscuro wrote:
I read a lot of reports about flatscreen CRTs having geometry issues, maybe sorted out by the late days of the CRT TV. I do know that models from ~2006 still had some issues though, like the 27fs120 which often has a dip in the screen (rather annoying in a sidescroller).

Late model Sonys, the flat ones in particular, were a notable step down in quality. Those flat Sony tubes had geometry issues too, which is where I think the "all flat CRTs have shit geometry" line came from, considering there was a long-running "Sony or nothing" mentality among a long of gamers that I noticed.

I appreciate all the input I can get. Thanks

So can you specifically tell me anything about jvc iart. I am looking for a nice tv for Xbox, wii, very few HD ps2..... which was why I looked at 30xs955.....which jvc Iart is best suited for that?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:59 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
If you don't mind a curved screen, there should be some decent options there. Some folks also might have rear projection screens banging around, which can give a lot of screen size for the weight (though I'm not sure how suitable they are for gaming, but I think the burn-in concerns were less in later years).

The truth of it is likely that there are so many models that you'll need to just go by specific features and manufacturer - there are many small brands of late CRT TV made in China, and generally they aren't good. On the other hand there are many brands which you usually can do well by - Sony is the most obvious one. For features, the easiest thing to first sort by is component input - that's the popular good option seen on many sets, and is pretty flexible. Finally, there are some models with better-than-SD broadcast resolution, but I'm not sure all of these would be suitable for classic consoles. If you have any questions about a particular model, usually a quick Google of the model number will give you some details about its resolution support and the like.

I read a lot of reports about flatscreen CRTs having geometry issues, maybe sorted out by the late days of the CRT TV. I do know that models from ~2006 still had some issues though, like the 27fs120 which often has a dip in the screen (rather annoying in a sidescroller).

Thanks for your input. I feel pretty set as far as curved goes with the jvc 36 d series, but I'd maybe like a Trini of same size to do a comparison between mask vs apature, maybe some day. On light gun games.

Of course I'm always gonna be looking out for ANY good sets from any good brands and just stock pile them so I can have backups to play with. That's why I ask multiple ppl their opinions on brands and models.

I'm really only looking for oxbox, wii set now. I feel for retro stuff like ps2, I've got my 27fs200 as a good backup to the jvc 36".


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
I don't have any particular info to share about JVC sets. This does remind me, though, that there are some other brands to watch out for - Mitsubishi made good TVs and especially their presentation monitors are sought-after. Ikegami is a name you might run across in monitors, as well.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:49 pm 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
I don't have any particular info to share about JVC sets. This does remind me, though, that there are some other brands to watch out for - Mitsubishi made good TVs and especially their presentation monitors are sought-after. Ikegami is a name you might run across in monitors, as well.

Do you know which Mitsubishi sets? I have seen a black set. Does it have any writing on front like Trini's or iart do?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:32 pm 



Joined: 27 Sep 2018
Posts: 70
Any CRT with YPbPr component RCA/BNC inputs on the back, regardless of make or model, consumer TV or pro monitor, is something worth picking up, doubly so for any newer PC monitors you see with BNC inputs. Anything with a build date of 2000+ is arguably worth picking up, regardless of inputs as well (easy to spot by the modern black cases and/or flat tubes). Only real exceptions are the very late HD CRTs with DVI/HDMI inputs as they are 1080i-native and will have scaler issues (great for movies/TV, but gaming not so much). If the seller can't get you a picture of the input panel, get a model number and punch it into Google, which will almost certainly link you to a PDF manual where you can see what the inputs are. There are so many model numbers, rebrands, and retailer-specific SKUs that it's impossible to cover them all, plus tube and flyback condition is king at this point anyways (though you might as well pick up something with a burned tube or collapsed picture to use as a repair candidate and/or parts...).

Punching "crt|tube tv|monitor" into Craigslist with some category restrictions like free stuff, electronics, computer parts, computers garage sale, general for sale, video gaming, et al. as an automated search should get you plenty to work from.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:45 pm 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
energizerfellow‌ wrote:
Any CRT with YPbPr component RCA/BNC inputs on the back, regardless of make or model, consumer TV or pro monitor, is something worth picking up, doubly so for any newer PC monitors you see with BNC inputs. Anything with a build date of 2000+ is arguably worth picking up, regardless of inputs as well (easy to spot by the modern black cases and/or flat tubes). Only real exceptions are the very late HD CRTs with DVI/HDMI inputs as they are 1080i-native and will have scaler issues (great for movies/TV, but gaming not so much). If the seller can't get you a picture of the input panel, get a model number and punch it into Google, which will almost certainly link you to a PDF manual where you can see what the inputs are. There are so many model numbers, rebrands, and retailer-specific SKUs that it's impossible to cover them all, plus tube and flyback condition is king at this point anyways (though you might as well pick up something with a burned tube or collapsed picture to use as a repair candidate and/or parts...).

Punching "crt|tube tv|monitor" into Craigslist with some category restrictions like free stuff, electronics, computer parts, computers garage sale, general for sale, video gaming, et al. as an automated search should get you plenty to work from.

Thanks. Using your advice. I just picked up 2 20" Sanyo crt TVs.....free....both with component

I think the Mitsubishi I was interested in did not have component. But I wasn't going to drive all the way there to find out.
Please don't think I'm not doing searches on models before asking, I do try.
Unfortunately, ppl who sell these TVs never seem to think it's important to show a pic of back or provide model numbers. Most of the time I'm guessing by the front pic, what model it MIGHT be and then trying to find specs on the model I'm guessing it might be lol.

Did ANY black curved Sony Trini's have component? Nice free one and of course, no info about it, like usual lol. It's a waste of gas to drive all the way there just to find out if it has component.

Thanks for all the other very useful info too btw


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:29 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
reldvs1 wrote:
Unfortunately, ppl who sell these TVs never seem to think it's important to show a pic of back or provide model numbers.

Oh yeah, it's more trouble than it's worth to most of them, especially if they don't have anything good.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
reldvs1 wrote:
Unfortunately, ppl who sell these TVs never seem to think it's important to show a pic of back or provide model numbers.

Oh yeah, it's more trouble than it's worth to most of them, especially if they don't have anything good.

It may be several months away still, but when I get my man cave set up. I'll be sure to get some pics of all these beasts to share lol.

I'm going to look at jvc 27 iart tomorrow. Looks like the newest and last crt Iart.... i think it's
AV27f485.....

I seen one slightly better but it's AV32f585.....I'm not sure I can manage it on my own though.

I was able to move a Sony 27fs200 on my own. So I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same with JVC


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
The spec sheets should list the weight... 27fs120 was roughly 100 pounds, so that is roughly what I'd expect of aperture grille tubes in the same size.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:04 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
The spec sheets should list the weight... 27fs120 was roughly 100 pounds, so that is roughly what I'd expect of aperture grille tubes in the same size.

I think jvc is invar mask.....
I may be wrong, but it might be lighter than aperture grille. ....


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:05 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
I think that should be right, yup (:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18213
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
Oh, add NEC to your good-tubes list. Especially their PC CRT monitors and their "NEC MultiSync" presentation monitors, as well. I'm reminded because somebody bumped up a thread on them.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kd30xs955.....can this be fixed in service menu?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:22 am 



Joined: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 59
Ed Oscuro wrote:
Oh, add NEC to your good-tubes list. Especially their PC CRT monitors and their "NEC MultiSync" presentation monitors, as well. I'm reminded because somebody bumped up a thread on them.

Thanks good to know and I have seen a few multi sync nec and their presentation monitors both. I'm so glad I asked you these questions.

Thanks so much

Btw....probably getting Toshiba 27af45 next
I have the 27af44 already. I hear the 45 is same pretty much. 44= 2004 , 45= 2005
Guess we will see lol

Time to go hit up the guy with the nec's lol


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group