Sega Saturn Controller+Xim Apex=great fix for Xbox One D-pad

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
supergrafx77

Sega Saturn Controller+Xim Apex=great fix for Xbox One D-pad

Post by supergrafx77 »

I just wanted to throw this knowledge out here to fellow shmuppers that use an xbox one and can't enjoy platformers/shmups, etc..., because of Microsoft's horrible D-pads.

I was originally trying to find a Mayflash Universal Adapter, ultimate edition, for xbox one to use the sega saturn controller with possibly another mayflash sega saturn to usb adapter. The ultimate adapter has for awhile now been sold out.

I believe I found a more "ultimate solution," however. I took the splurge/chance on a Xim Apex (https://xim.tech/), and purchased a sega saturn to usb adapter from Raphnet Technologies (https://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/s ... /index.php). I believe the Raphnet sega to usb adapter is better quality than the mayflash and paired with the xim apex which has zero lag, the lag emanating from the Raphnet adapter, is very minimal. I can't even tell.

Every thing has been a dream since.
nmalinoski

Re: Sega Saturn Controller+Xim Apex=great fix for Xbox One D

Post by nmalinoski »

So, this doesn't actually fix anything, just works around it by letting you use a different controller, right?
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

nmalinoski wrote:So, this doesn't actually fix anything
:shock: ...that's the joke... :lol:
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

The XO D-pad is vastly improved over the 360 one. Only problem I have shmupping on that pad is that it doesn't have the primary location. But that's just part of using a general-purpose controller.