Need advice before tomorrow morning please!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
reldvs1

Need advice before tomorrow morning please!

Post by reldvs1 »

UPDATE: The running idea I got from other thread was to basically make sure you test them before and I will certainly try

however I still welcome opinions about this from others that have not answered already.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to look at a free 34xbr970........
I know it is lower than 960 on features and does not have SFP.....but if my plan was to mostly run original Xbox and wii and 360 ..... would you get it? For free and I get to test it first and comes with remote.

Sure I would love the 960, but none have come up since I started looking.

Should I even bother with this? LET ME CLARIFY, NO 240P....only gonna use component cable signal from Oxbox, Wii and hdmi from 360.....I have a separate SD tv...TVs plural for 240p....

also, do you recommend any testing procedures. Right now I'm planning on taking my PS2 with GT4 on hdd....then use component cables and test it on the various resolutions they offer on game.

I know I'm not planning on using ps2 on this tv but I'm not too crazy about lugging around my wii.....
Last edited by reldvs1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
reldvs1

Re: Need advice before tomorrow morning please!

Post by reldvs1 »

I just realized someone answered this in part in another post but I did not notice they had till after this post. I'm sorry about the repetitive nature of my question. It did not notified of the responses before I posted this. I'm going to read through it throughly and if already answered, I'll contact an administrator to delete this new topic. I don't want to upset any members by asking same questions over and over

I read it and although I'm still asking opinion about certain set there, the request for tips for testing I requested here are still important and worthy of keeping this new post imo...I hope admin agrees but I'm honestly not trying to upset anyone and I'm sorry if I did. This site is so important to me, I don't want to make any enemies. I value greatly the information ppl have shared here.
THIS SITE ROCKS- THANK YOU!
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Its free so what's the issue?
Go get it and if you dont like it pass it on to the next shmup.
reldvs1

Post by reldvs1 »

Syntax wrote:Its free so what's the issue?
Go get it and if you dont like it pass it on to the next shmup.
True. ....
He had to reschedule
So I went ahead and looked at some other TVs.

I can have 27fs200 for free if I want it.
But I'm unsure it's worth it. I have 24fv300 already which I think is better. .....

I did get a Toshiba 24af45 for free...heard those were pretty good.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

LOL everything seems to be free

You should just gather everything up, line them all up along the wall in your room.

Like said above, if there's no cost involved sounds like you're all set. Just eliminate different sets over time. Don't stress.