Scart on japanese PS2

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Revolver Ocelot

Scart on japanese PS2

Post by Revolver Ocelot »

I am in Japan right now and I am thinking of buying a japanese ps2 to play import games.I am just wondering if it is possible to use an euro scart cable for the japanese ps2. As a framemeister user scart us my prefered connection. In case this not possible what alternatives would be possible to use? S video or component?
Kez

Re: Scart on japanese PS2

Post by Kez »

Yes you can use a regular SCART or component cable but you will need to get a stepdown transformer or replace the PSU to use it in Europe or it will blow up.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Kez wrote:you will need to get a stepdown transformer or replace the PSU to use it in Europe or it will blow up.
If he gets a slim PS2 then he can use a European PSU just fine. I use an Australian PSU on a Japanese slim PS2 and we are the same standard as Euro.
Revolver Ocelot

Post by Revolver Ocelot »

DoomsDave wrote:
Kez wrote:you will need to get a stepdown transformer or replace the PSU to use it in Europe or it will blow up.
If he gets a slim PS2 then he can use a European PSU just fine. I use an Australian PSU on a Japanese slim PS2 and we are the same standard as Euro.
I am aware of the difference in the power supply and I was planning to use my pal psu.Thanks for confirming that it should work.

And great to hear that scart should work.then i will test both options.Try out my old scart cable and also get a component cable
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

SCART/JP21 only matters in regard to what you are plugging it to, not the console outputting RGB through it.
theclaw

Post by theclaw »

Revolver Ocelot wrote:
DoomsDave wrote:
I am aware of the difference in the power supply and I was planning to use my pal psu.Thanks for confirming that it should work.

And great to hear that scart should work.then i will test both options.Try out my old scart cable and also get a component cable
The 70000 slim with an external power supply supports 100V~240V.