shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:42 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Mega Sg (FPGA Genesis)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 am 

It seems Final Fight CD and Sonic CD both freeze in 4.7 and 7.7. Not sure if anything else was broken. I'm also under the impression that it may have corrupted the RAM on the Mega Everdrive V2, forcing me to reformat with the sega cd connected to the HDG model 1 Genesis.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 am 

I’m glad I held off updating, it’s a real pain having to redo all the settings for all the cores and rolling back due to bugs. I’m going to wait a couple weeks after each release now to see what bugs emerge, there is still a super NT bug with the latest JB FW that won’t load video settings properly and that was 3 months ago. I do feel that Analogue is rushing new products to market and they are over stretching their support for existing ones. Hopefully some fixes come out for both systems soon.

On the Mega SG front, I hope they fix the Sega CD bugs in time for the cart adapter release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm 

After numerous attempts to get scanlines looking right on a Mega SG I set the thing to 720P on a Samsung 4k in game mode and I am blown away by how good it looks. I have numerous Megadrive consoles (I collect a lot of stuff) and it is as good as an OSSC transcoding RBG from any one of them.

Also on the Colecovision core the picture is as good as the scanlines setting on a VGA (F18-A modded) original machine.

What I think is happening is the resolution is being too fussy and since surely it should be every other line is a scanline as someone mentioned earlier and not some fancy algorithm.

I have yet to set up the Master System and GG up but after a week of gnashing my teeth I am really impressed with the Analogue hardware.

If anyone wants the resolution settings I will post them here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm 

Sparkoids wrote:
After numerous attempts to get scanlines looking right on a Mega SG I set the thing to 720P on a Samsung 4k in game mode and I am blown away by how good it looks. I have numerous Megadrive consoles (I collect a lot of stuff) and it is as good as an OSSC transcoding RBG from any one of them.

Makes sense as 4k= 3x 720p. If the Mega SG uses 2x1 game to blank lines for its 720p scanline mode (exactly how proper 240p +scanlines HAVE to be done on 720p), then what you end up with is exactly a 3x integer scaled, proper scanlined, image.

Can you post any good pictures?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm 

Hopefully some day Kevtris will add Fullscreen Line 5x (1200p) support to both Super NT and Mega SG.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12